The cost? Nothing on my expense. I just used items I already had within the house!
Of course I had to add some glass jars ;) The shells were collected from the beach one weekend. The tray was actually a yellow/burnt orange color originally. It came with a sushi set that Josh had bought a few years ago. I went ahead and used some of the Valspar Brushed Nickel spray paint I had from spraying the handles of the cabinet, and gave it a new coat of 'color'.
The ceramic Horse head I had bought at Old Time Pottery last Summer and up until now it's been in my car, still wrapped up in the bag [I seriously forgot I had even bought it lol]. Of course I loooove Horses, so im happy to be displaying it on the new cabinet :)
The photo I printed off of Vintage Printable [Free!!] using some of my photo paper and the frame I already had. The other frame behind the print used to be a brown and gold color so I spray painted it with Valspar glossy white and put a bamboo mat inside instead of a photo, to add some texture.
The mirror Josh had bought me for Christmas. Up until now it's been sitting in my closet in the bedroom. I was originally going to put it [in] the bedroom but figured this space would work best.
And there is the completed space with the new cabinet redo. I really like how it all came together and it really adds character to the entire living room. This little space has inspired me with wanting to do more thrifting and possibly even some antiquing!
Happy Belated Valentines Day! :)
It looks so great! I love the layering effect with the frames, and the dresser looks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love what you've done with your dresser. It looks great and that yellow is just perfect.
ReplyDeleteVery nice! I love the color pallete and nice touch with the bamboo in the frame. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteThis looks great. I love that cabinet and the bamboo mat is lovely. (And that sunshine? Send some my way.)
ReplyDeleteReally loving the teal/blue glass!
ReplyDeleteLove it! It looks so great especially with the sun streaming through the window. :)
ReplyDeletelove it!! very nice!! i want that mirror!! : )
ReplyDeleteIt's so cute! I love using things from around the house(: Love the mirror and the yellow cabinet looks AMAZING
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! I LOVE the horse and that shade of yellow is so cheery.
ReplyDeleteThat cabinet is gorgeous Kasey..as is the entire vignette. I have never been in an old time pottery, and I think we have one not far away. Have a great day!!~ XO
ReplyDeleteI love the redo and you styled it perfectly. I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the stylish Blogger Award, http://blackcabdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html!
ReplyDeleteI am a big advocate for shopping in your own home! Great job, the finished look is just superb!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog :)
Hi Kasey...thanks for visiting my blog. This is a great post. I love blue glass...I just bought some blue Ball canning jars on eBay. I want to compliment you on your photos...they are really nice and very clear. I'm struggling a bit with my camera skills right now. Gotta keep practicing! Have a great evening...Ann
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful! I love light colors, my whole apartment is full of them... you have inspired me to attempt this!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful vignette! Love your color palette :D And I'm impressed with the printable! I thought wow that framed art is fab... but I was blown away to find out that it was a printable. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWow, this is so beautiful!
ReplyDeletelove love love it! i just started following your blog, it's great!!! xo
ReplyDeleteOh I missed this!! LOVE the way you dressed up the little yellow dresser. The blue glass and white frames are just perfect with the dresser color. Great job, Kasey!
ReplyDeleteThat yellow dresser is Fabulous with a capital F!
ReplyDeleteI am a little late on this, but it looks amazing! Love everything about it!
ReplyDelete