January 23, 2011

Simple Wall-art tutorial

Last week, into this weekend, has been a little hectic around here. I was home from work most of the week last week because I had a sick toddler on my hands. After a 3rd day of a spike in temperature, I luckily got him in to see his Pediatrician and turns out he had a little sinus buggy going on and some fluid in his ears [poor little guy]. After a few days of medicine, we have a very hyper-playful Jayden back, tearing the house up, one toy at a time.

Josh did work more on the electrical for the recessed lighting in the shower, so that project is coming along smoothly. As for myself, I worked on some simple little digital projects in photoshop, to create some simple, new wall art for the office. Specifically, the new reading nook [stay tuned].


I had brackets on my mind for this little art project and so with some down-loadable bracket PS Brushes and a few 'words of wisdom', I created 'Imagine, Create and Inspire'.


I already had a frame that had 3 individual slots, measuring 4x6 inches. So basically all I did was create my prints in photoshop on a document measuring 4x6 and than printed them out on plain paper [something this simple can be printed on plain paper. It helps save your photo paper for future, bigger projects].


I placed one of the open slots on top of the paper with the print on it. I than took a pen and traced along the inside part.


Since all of the prints are centered on the page the same exact way, I gathered the 3 of them and used my small Fiskars cutter to cut along my traced line.


...Like so.


Last step is easy. Just tape the cut prints on the underside of the backing and viola!


A simple little way to dress up, and add a little character to a wall of photos.

What digital projects [or any wall art projects] have you been working on? Do you use Photoshop to create any kind of wall art? If not which program do you like to use most?

Sneak Peak
Hint: On sale and was originally made for a table.

10 comments:

  1. Love the wall art! I print out things like this to decorate, too! Whatever the sneak peak is looks great. Love the print and color! Window treatment maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. these tuned out fantastic! i love the fabric, can't wait to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Michaela

    I love creating wall art with PS. It's so easy and the possibilities are endless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You creative girl! I love the key, is it something meaningful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kendra @ House of Ficek

    Thanks Kendra!

    As a matter of fact the key does have a very special meaning. I have a post planned for later today to tell the story behind the key [it really is a story lol]. :)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative yes you are *Yoda voice* Lovely Stuff Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...these are simple and beautiful! I have never printed out my own wall art, but I have been wanting to give it a try. I don't have photoshop, but I have a digital imaging software that is really similar. Do you print yours out at home or print it somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy - I love that fabric. Can't wait to see the full reveal. A reading nook? Yes, please.

    The artwork is great. I love DIY art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you use photoshop elements to create this art? I'm looking into getting photoshop to do something similar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Emily

    Yes Ma'am! I have Photoshop Elements 7.0 currently. I also have Photoshop Elements 6.0 and they both work wonderfully in creating these types of wall-art designs :)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)