January 20, 2011

Master Bathroom - Progress Report 1

So you wanna know what's going on with the Master Bath, that and I think you have had enough organization posts for one week [even though I only posted two for this week, but even for me that's a lot!]. Although you can never go wrong with some good ol' organization posts right?

So for the most part a WHOLE lot has not been done with the Bathroom. We are still laying out our 'plans' and of course Josh is running through what he is going to do with the pipes and the electrical since we will be adding some recessed lighting in the shower [more on that later]. Also since we both have full time jobs and a 3yr old running around, it makes it extra hard to try and complete renovations in a 'timely' manner.


First up. We bought our very first box of white subway tiles. Even though the box says 'Field tile' [is that some fancy-fied  name for 'subway' tile?] it's basically white subway tile and I only wish the box of 100 was only 26 cents! It turned out to be $26.00 and some change... not bad. But since we need about 10 more boxes, that will add up to be $260.00.


This little gem cost 98 cents. It's not gray like in my inspiration post [Here], it was a very light powder blue and when the light hit it, boy did that baby sparkle!


...To give you an idea of the color in contrast with the white subway tile.


I am seriously looking forward to when this tile is grouted to the shower instead of just leaning up against it and just this one white tile alone already you can see how bright it will really make the space! Love it!


Don't mind my wrinkly old lady hands. This is to show [give you an idea] of the actual size of the tile.

Josh also took out the light and the sheet-rock that was on the ceiling.


And took the pipes out which consisted of cutting the pipes underneath and capping them so we could remove the interior ones.

But back to the ceiling...


See those weird looking orby things? Ya... that's my attempt at recessed lighting, photoshop style. Originally I was thinking of just the two... as you see them. However Josh mentioned having four.


Like so. I'm not sure. What do you think? I mean recessed lighting can get pretty bright and part of me thinks 4 might be a little toooooo bright for just a shower stall. Although I bet it would look amazing on those glass tiles?

So there you have the 'updated' rundown of our Master Bathroom reno. It might not look like much however getting those pipes out was a task in itself [and I happily volunteered Josh to go under the house and do that one ;) ]. This weekend we plan to start tackling more, like getting the floor down and maybe start putting some concrete board up!

Stay tuned!

13 comments:

  1. I totally understand the slow paced project when you have a little one! That bath is going to be amazing, I am so jealous.

    Oh, two are plenty of recessed lights. We have one in our 3x5 shower and it is really bright. Other parts of our house they went overboard with the can lights and we NEVER turn them all on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also used subway tile in my bathroom. It's so classic, I love it! Looking forward to seeing the finished bathroom!

    So glad I came across your lovely blog - I am your newest follower!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a hugh fan of subway tile!! can't wait to see the end result! i'm sure it will look fab! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be super amazing. I LOVE the subway tile and am really loving the glass tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of subway tile. Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' the tiles, girl! It's going to be so wonderful when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those glass tiles are gorgeous!! And are going to make this bathroom look stunning. You so have to post pics when it's all done!! :-)

    Happy Friday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love subway tile! We used it for our kitchen backsplash and now I am going to use it in our basement bathroom.

    I can't wait to see your finished product, I love the glass tiles. That may be something I am interested in for our upstairs bath which is the next reno on our list.

    I am thinking that four recessed lights may be a bit bright. We just put some in our basement and they are surprisingly bright. I would probably do two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love subway tile! Can't wait to see how it turns out with the glass tiles. Also, two recessed lights are plenty. I used to work for a flooring company that did a lot of bathroom renos and we typically recommended a fan/light combo that is meant for the shower. It helps with the moisture and usually provides plenty of light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I love that tile, so pretty! I want some :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kasey

    Love the tiles you chose for your bathroom. Good luck with the reno, and I can't wait to see the final reveal. We have renovated our 70s bathroom two years ago, so I know exactly what you are going through - it's fun! :)
    Thanks for your comment on our blog.
    kinga

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think two will be bright enough, but I really like the symmetrical look of four. Can you get them half strength or something?

    That icy blue is going to look amazing against the pure white subway tiles! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are re-doing our bathroom too and funny enough...we're going with white subway tiles for the shower too!! I love them:)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)