January 11, 2011

I've been Framed!

This past weekend... between ripping 4 layers of tile floor up, amongst other master bathroom reno shenanigans [yes I really did just say that], I somehow managed a trip to the store. It was Sunday and the reno of the shower was complete. I was completely pooped however I wanted to get out of the house. If anything, just for a little while.

So with really no direction of where or what I wanted to do, I went ahead and stopped at a few of the local stores. One store being Wal-Mart and I just want to put this out there on the record. For all of you to know. I completely, with every ounce of my being, hate and despise Wal-Mart. I think the fact that a gigantic warehouse that sells anything from ground beef, furniture, diapers, tools, faux foliage and 47" Flat screen TV's, just maybe creeps me out a little... and than to top it off you end up having to wait in a line the size of a Target Parking lot, just to pay for a measly bag of socks.

But... I was bored and figured to waste time I mine as well just walk around. No harm, no foul right? ...and no I didn't end up buying a pack of socks....

What I did buy were some craptastical frames for $3.00 a pop. The frame themselves measured 8x10 [although in true Wal-Mart fashion, I don't think they really measured that size]. They were a metallic type color. Not to bright or anything but almost like gold met silver and had a love child color.

Well with my obsession with pictures and frames and spray paint, that little light bulb quickly went off in my head and the very spot I thought of was the wall that the large sofa is on.


That would be the wall that I am talking about. I never really had any energy or ideas for that wall, so for the time being I had 3 large frames above the sofa. The black however just seemed to harsh... Granted you might take one look at the sofa and think it's black, however it's not. It's actually a mix between a dark blue and a gray color.


Out with the old and in with the new wall gallery!


A collection of some pretty black and white photographs. Some taken by yours truly and others taken from royalty free image sites. Printed on 5x7 photo paper and than attached to thick, white cardstock paper. Frames I spray painted with Rustoleum flat white spray paint.


Overall it looks a lot better and makes the room feel more cozy [seeing as how the wall isn't so bare anymore].

Now it's time to spruce up the sofa's a bit and put some new and improved pillows. Brighter, more fun, pillows!


So what are your thoughts on Gallery Walls? Love em? Hate em? Never really thought about it? Do you have any gallery walls in your own home?

18 comments:

  1. hi there! new follower to your blog. LOVE your gallery wall. your living room is sooo pretty! i am going to be doing one in my bedroom ~ and also one in our hallway. soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks fantastic! i think it makes the space feel younger and fresher, along with those snazzy pillows. looks great! and i'm loving that little silver lamp...guessing you did NOT get that at walmart, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jenna ♥ a little blue

    Thanks for stopping by and those gallery walls you will be working on sound awesome!

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  4. @the cape on the corner

    LOL! No... that silver lamp is not a Wal-Mart purchase. If it were it would probly be made of plastic and be chipping silver paint bits all over ;)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks great!!! wonder what a little starburst mirror on either side of the frames would look like??? i love the throw pillows too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!}

    That would be a great idea, the only downside is I would have to center the sofa on the wall. Right now the sofa is off centered because I wanted it to be even with the love seat [I know, sounds confusing lol]. -Although I do have a starburst mirror that the hubs' got me for Christmas, still in the box, waiting to be placed somewhere... Hmmm... I could try it out on the left and see what it looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! And you could always repaint the frames a different color if you wanted to switch it up, easily. Or, for that matter, the pictures. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Michelle @ Ten June

    Exactly! I have actually already been brewing up some ideas in my head for some photos for the summer. Photos with 'pops of color'! [I think that's my new phrase for 2011 because boy, have I been saying it a lot :)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a huge difference! It looks amazing!

    No matter how trendy gallery walls are, I still absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, it looks so great in that space. I want to do one, but I just haven't found the spot for it yet. I might do one in the basement when it is finished or along the staircase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks great. What a difference the white made from the black you had. Changes the whole tone of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife

    Agree! I think Gallery walls will be one of those things that will never go out of style.

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Christina

    Oh I bet along the staircase would look awesome! :)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  14. new follower here!! glad i found your blog! :)
    i love gallery walls! you did a great job, it looks fantastic!!

    www.creativeindexblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a difference!! The wall looks great! And see, Wal-mart isn't all bad. Or that's what I tell myself when I have to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great after, so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the new art wall gallery! What a difference a few little changes can make :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have read so many posts concerning the blogger lovers but this paragraph is in fact a nice
    post, keep it up.

    Here is my weblog: weight loss program

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)