December 16, 2010

Mission Complete... and a House Tour

So the house is officially clean. Can I get a really big 'WOOP-WOOP'!?

Seriously... Every. Single. Room. Is. Clean.

You might have to go back and re-read that sentence because it's a shock. I don't think there has ever been a time, no matter where we have lived in the past, that every single room in the house was clean at the same time. I know in a way that sounds kind of 'sad', but the norm' for us is keep the main living areas in as tip top of shape as we can [Kitchen, Living, Bathroom] and try and keep up with the rest. Of course the 3rd bedroom/Craft room usually ends up being the dumping ground for everything that I just can't be 'bothered' with. Jayden's room... well you can imagine what a 2.5yr. olds' bedroom looks like... The Master? Well I have a confession. I am not proud of this but I have to say it. -I hate all things laundry. What does that mean? It basically means that if I take it off the hanger and decide later I don't want to wear it, it goes on the chair or on top of the dresser... almost always never ends up back on the hanger. Sad... I know but I just hate the feeling of cloths between my fingers, especially this time of year when my hands are nothing but 200 grit sand paper. Ick!

Anyways, with 5hrs before I leave to pick up my sister and nephews from the airport, I figured I would give you the final 'Holiday' home tour... and I guess we could constitute this as an official home tour also since I have never really done an actual home tour... just random pictures within posts.

Master Bedroom

Entry to Master


Looking towards other side of bedroom, towards Master Bath.

Other side, looking back towards main door and My closet [on left] and Josh's closet [on right]. -Note: the Master is still 'in the works' [bedding, accessories, pictures...etc].


Master Bath

I think this was the selling point for me. I'm a sucker for French Doors.


I love this tub. But the french doors were still the 'selling point'. 


The large walk-in shower. We don't use this shower all that much because Josh has to re-do the piping under this section of the house. The water pressure in that shower sucks big time... which sucks even more because it's a nice shower. This will be a project once it starts to warm up in the spring.

Hallway

You saw this in the previous post :)

3rd bedroom/Craft room

Right now it is ready for my sister and the kids. That big blob you see is the air mattress. Yeppers. We don't have any sort of 'guest bedroom' furniture and we more than likely won't get any either because we don't get guests all that often, so the air mattress, as ghetto as it is, does just fine for the time being.

Jayden's room

This was taken before he ran in there behind me and threw his toys all over the floor. 


I decided to use the space between the two closets to showcase all his artwork :)

Guest Bathroom


My snowflakes to give the bathroom a little festive 'flair'. You can see my little wreath hanging in the reflection of the mirror, above the toilet :)


Here is that dead space I had mentioned in this post. I took my large green vase, added some branches from outside and hung some of my sparkly snowflakes from them.

Entryway

This was another selling point for us. An entry way! And of course... more french doors. All of the hardwoods are original also.

Office

Technically this space could also be 'labeled' as a 4th bedroom because it has a closet.


But it's so much cooler as an office.


Living room



Looking into the kitchen.

Kitchen


Dining room

And there you have the complete tour of our home and ready for the holidays. Overall I am pleased with our home but there are still projects in the works for the future. Like the bathroom reno. Changing out the pipes under our master bath [we have a crawl space under the house], turning the closet in the office into more of a 'built in' book shelf. Adding shelves to the wall space above the large wall table in the 3rd bedroom/craft room and of course finishing the odds and ends in the Master bedroom [that bedding you saw was NOT the bedding we picked out. That is still our original ol' bedding we have had for about 2yrs]. -Oh and finishing the whole carport into garage transformation and turning the outside patio into a sun room [that should be fun...... . . . .].

So with that said, my 'to-do' list is complete and I have 5hrs to spare. Not to shabby! 

How about you? is your house finished for the Holidays?

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home you have! It is spotless! All your rooms are so spacious in size. Enjoy and I hope it stays clean at least for a day! Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks awesome and comfortable. Enjoy your time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I want your archways!!! Everytime I see them I want them MORE!!

    And I have those snow flakes all over the living room.. I need to get some for the bathroom thanks for the idea!

    BTW it looks GREAT! (well minus the air mattress :P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so wonderful, Kasey! I love the arches and all the french doors. I'm a sucker for those too (:

    Everything is so festive for Christmas-- Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I always sorta love how when I am having visitors it kinda kicks my butt into gear. I turned a hall closet into a sorta built in bookcase, and now I have all kinds of extra storage that a closet didn't give me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kitchen! Also couldn't help but notice the framed FL in the office!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice clean place - I love your dining room rug! If it's still available, you have to let me know where it's from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard to have every room in the house clean at the same time. I confess I have help with a cleaning lady every other Friday. When she leaves, all is clean for a few hours:) It's the best feeling ever! I love that long table for all your crafts and the gallery wall in your hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Isn't it nice to have everything so clean?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks very nice, Kasey. A job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is so pretty Kasey!
    My house is done, but it's not clean :(
    I guess that needs to be done this week....
    Love all the french doors in your home, so pretty!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)