December 12, 2010

Picture This

So as you might have noticed I have been M.I.A the past few days... You remember where I last left off I was all in a tizzy because I had so much stuff to do before the 16th and how I wanted everything to be perfect, right? Well I can honestly say, with your good 'you can do it' vibes [assuming you were of course ;)] That I am about 89% complete and that my Christmas shopping is even 97% complete [ya you like them figures don't ya].

Honestly though, after I wrote my last post I think I jinxed myself somehow. Wednesday night I started to feel sick. My throat was scratchy and I just, overall, felt extremely run down. BUT not wanting to use any of my 'leave' up [because I am saving that for the Holidays], I went and toughed it out at work. I about drowned myself in orange juice, Herbal tea, hot baths and even purposely went to bed Wednesday night and Thursday night @ 6:30PM... yes you read correctly. -They say your body recovers faster when you are resting, and not only that, I really was pretty tired lol.

Now a little fun fact about me. I don't like to take medicine. I am not against medicine and if the circumstance is pretty bad or depending on the situation, I will take medicine [if prescribed]. -After I had my c-section I only took 1 percocet pill and that was when I was leaving the hospital. I refused to take anymore and if it's bearable I will tough through it. I have always been a believer that the body can and will repair itself without any outside source... Now before I go completely tree hugger on you... this is for myself. If I take Jayden to the doctor however and the Pedi. gives me strict directions on what and how to give Jayden medicine [if prescribed] than I follow orders... Unless my 'Mommy Instinct' kicks in of course :)

Okay so enough the rambling of things that have absolutely nothing to do with this post.

So here was our Hallway before. Pretty plain as you can see. I have been meaning to hang up some photos around here for quite some time now.


And here is after. I guess it took having family coming to stay for me to add some flair to the walls.


A lot of these frames I had stored away and had not unpacked since we moved into this house. Of course almost all of them still had photos of Jayden from when he was first born.


It was time to update them a bit with some more current J-Photos. And added a few more photos from my collection into them also.

I love frames, as you can see. All kinds of frames. I mostly like different mixtures of Black, Brown and White frames. I love the character it adds once all hung together.


My favorite candle this season. I have been burning this baby every chance I get!


I can finally see my dining room table again. Remember my last post I was saying how I still had Christmas decor splattered all over it? All nice and clean now with a collaboration of some of my favorite glass bottles/jars, white candle holders, Silver candle, and pine cones.


Our 'buffet' holiday style. I know it isn't much but it's just enough. A current photo of Jayden. A red Christmas candle, a candle stick holder [far back] that I had snagged from the local Goodwill for $1.00. Originally it was a dingy gold but I spray painted her white and added a silver pillar candle. The candle out front is also silver, sat in a 'candle holder' I made out of a pillar stick, glass vase and some gorilla glue.


My three little snowmen candle holder [which I have had ever since I lived in my first apartment... back when I was still a childless-single-gal] my little Christmas Tree, tea-light candle and holiday candle.

So let's recap with my 'to-do' list shall we?

December's list of things to do [before the 16th].
  • Clean the craft room [3rd bedroom, this is where my sister and nephews will be sleeping].
  • Clean and organize the Kitchen.
  • Clean and organize the bathroom.
  • Clean and organize the office [this will be where my Dad and Stepmom will be sleeping].
  • Put away the last bit of Autumn/Summer items in the shed.
  • Finish putting the Christmas decor up.
  • Finish the last few Christmas crafts.
  • Organize Jayden's room and bring old toys to Goodwill.
  • Create some-what of a menu plan for Christmas.
  • Do the Grocery shopping complete with coupons.

Now for some trivia... NAME THAT MOVIE!!!

Hint:: Bzzzzzzz

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I love your hallway photo wall! I've never seen it done with all different frames before. I also love that Christmas cookie candle, I've got several of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! That candle smells good too. So glad you actually did not get sick. My house is full of germs, coughs, sniffles you name it. My hands are so dry from washing them. Happy Holidays! I have to get all mine wrapped up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara!

    Debbie- Oh don't get me wrong... I got sick lol.. however it only lasted for a day. It's on the outs now.. Thanks Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, your house looks so great!! The hallway is awesome with those pictures! I just love gallery walls. Your tree is so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving your hallway photo wall, it's great. and, my gosh, your candle reminded me that i have completely forgotten about the one i burn-jack frost-at this time. i can't believe i haven't brought it out yet! is that one you've got like christmas cookies (smells like sugar cookie).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great!! The gallery wall in the hallway looks fabulous- and those aren't always easy to do! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I like your new layout and header! Yankee candles are my favorite, especially the kind that makes it smell like I've been baking :) Your house looks very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you whipped things into shape really fast and you did a great job. Now I have to go find that candle, from the name it sounds like it smells yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks beautiful! I love the Christmas Tree! We are also doing a photo collage in our hallway - it's a great way to put up all the pictures you want, but can't because of clutter!

    cheers!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)