December 8, 2010

8-Day Crunch Time

I don't know where the time has gone but it certainly has not slowed down for anything. It's already the 8th and I still have decorations strone about the dining room table. The Kitchen is halway clean and halfway a mess and the living room has blankets thrown on the sofa and baskets of laundry ready to be folded. Im shocked that I have even remembered to water the Christmas Tree!

I know I always don't comment on every blog on my list but just know that your blogs are gorgeous and can I just say how envious I am of the fact that all of you have gotten your Christmas Decorating done? Your homes are beautiful and so warm and welcoming and than I come home to my messy disaster of a house.




My sister is flying in on the 16th and I am trying not to stress out. I want everything to be perfect this Holiday season. Everything from a crisp, clean home to the decor to, well, just everything! It's hard because I leave the house for work at 5:30 in the morning. I have a 30-35min. commute [depending on traffic] and I don't get home until after 5PM every night and than cook dinner, spend time with the family, get baths ready... etc and than before I know it, it's close to 10PM and I am just WAY to tired to even think about where to hang the string of garland that has been sitting on the floor, in the hallway for the past week! [I kid you not].

So with that said I am devising a list. Why? Because lists are fun. Lists are cool to look at right? No in all seriousness I am creating this list so that I can take one step at a time to get things done.


So I can sit back and enjoy a little of that^.

December's list of things to do [before the 16th].

  • Clean the craft room [3rd bedroom, this is where my sister and nephews will be sleeping].
  • Clean and organize the Kitchen.
  • Clean and organize the bathroom.
  • Clean and organize the office [this will be where my Dad and stepmom will be sleeping].
  • Put away the last bit of Autumn/Summer items in the shed.
  • Finish putting the Christmas Decor up.
  • Finish the last few Christmas Crafts.
  • Organize Jaydens room and bring old toys to Goodwill.
  • Create some-what of a menu plan for Christmas.
  • Complete Grocery shopping complete with coupons.
So there is my 'Try to get it done in 8 days" list of things to accomplish. Any tips to accomplish these things on a tight schedule? [I'm desparate as you can see, ha!].

Do you make lists when you need to accomplish things or are you more of a 'keep it in my mind' type of person?





7 comments:

  1. Hang in there! If anyone can accomplish something, it's you. I'd want everything to be perfect too if I were in your situation, but remember, your family will love anything you make and/or do because it'll be fabulous! So, even if it's not perfect for you, it'll be for them :)

    Good luck!

    P.S. I have my tree up, that's about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make lists for ev.er.y.thing! I love lists, I love being able to cross things off of my list.

    Try not to stress too much, what is important are the things that you are spending your time on like your family. So what if the house is a little or half messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a lister for sure!!! One thing at a time. When I am super stressed I break out a big white board and have everything on that I love erasing something. Strange, I know. And I am willing to bet we all have the same messes to get to! I like to look at it like this, "It's only the 8th!" you got this, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Char- Thanks girl. You are just to sweet!

    Kendra- You are right, just the fact that my family is coming this Christmas is more important in itself than a few dishes in the sink and some laundry on the sofa... but man, sometimes my OCD just kicks in and makes my eyes twitch when I just can't seem to follow through and finish stuff up! lol!

    Courtney- Not strange at all!!! I am seriously the same way. I have these two, very large white boards at work hanging up and I write EVERYTHING on them. Everyone makes fun of me because I write so much stuff on them, sometimes pointless stuff... but it's so much fun! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to think about the fact taht it's the 8th. Yikes! I'm having a little anxiety about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, don't worry about it! I haven't done ANY decorating from Christmas. In fact, we only just took our Halloween decorations down like 2 weeks ago lol. I'm hoping to find some time this weekend, but we'll see.

    As everyone has already said, continue to remind yourself that the season is mainly about spending time with your family, who will love anything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so am planning on the ornamenta off the chandelier over the table.. but I'm having a hard time finding different sized ones I like.. pooh.


    It looks great though. Love the hall way

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)