December 5, 2010

Glitter-Bead Tree's

Ive been a busy little bee around here [or should I say ELF... ha-ha get it? Elf! ::snort::]. My sister is flying in on the 16th with the boys [Dad on the 21st], so ive been trying to get some more Christmas crafts and decor done around the house to make it extra special this Christmas.

First up are some Styrofoam cones that I had bought at the Dollar store about a week before Thanksgiving. My main image for these was to turn them into some sort of 'winter-wonderland' themed Christmas 'tree's'.


The supplies I used were some Mod-Podge, blue craft paint and silver glitter. The reason I chose the blue and silver is well, my theme colors this Christmas are Blue, Silver and Gold [to bad for me I had no gold glitter on hand. Booo].


I lathered up one 'tree' with some Mod-Podge and than sprinkled glitter all over it... as you can see. Luckily it was contained nicely in this old serving tray I had lying around [which will also be turned into a project, so stay tuned for that] and the other 'tree' I just painted to blue craft paint all over it.


So you might be asking yourself what these are all about. The third tree I had the idea of making little 'ornaments'... well not so much [making] them but turning that tree into an ornament tree. The head pins you see in the photo are what we will use to attach the 'ornaments' to the 'tree'.


All you need are some beads [of course the possibilities are endless. Pretty easy to find any type of bead that fits your color theme]. Take the head pin and stick it through the bead.


Than once you have your bead through your head pin, you just stick it into the Styrofoam!


I didn't want to go overboard with the beads so I just stuck about 5-7 of each color that I chose and placed them randomly throughout the 'tree'. Than I had strings of beads that came in a package of sorts and just took one of the strings [they were already attached/tied together] and wrapped it around the 'tree' to imitate 'garland'.

How about you? Have you worked on any Christmas crafts this holiday season yet?

12 comments:

  1. Very cute...you have been a busy little elf! This is my week to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love all the glittery accents I'm seeing this year. The beads are such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I like all of the glitter, but what girl doesn't like shimmery things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! These look fantastic. Definitely something I can recreate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking for some Christmas trees like that- I don't know why it didn't occur to me to make them! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! Now I just have to find the perfect spot for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a great christmas craft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those were very crafty cute trees!! I love your ideas Kasey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ideas- so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so adorable. I have been a crafting fool this season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your glitter tree -- I did a glitter craft this year too, and I'm still sweeping up glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your trees look super cute.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)