November 30, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like... Fall!?

With today marking the last day of November, it’s almost kind of like the ‘unofficial’ last day of Fall, right? Well at least in my mind it is. –This past weekend was a reminder that Winter is right around the corner for us. Although the majority of you have already experienced the beginnings of Winter, with maybe even a snowfall or two, us folk down here in the South are experiencing Fall and right now it’s in all its glory.


Clouds, Rain, chilly nights and oh yes… Leaves!


The tree’s in our backyard have really hit their prime with shedding their leaves and honestly it hasn’t been as bad as I had envisioned with having two very large oaks hovering right over the pool. –The rest of the yard however is a different story.
 


But Jayden thinks otherwise.


He had all sorts of fun running through the massive leave pile we made for him in the backyard. Giggling, laughing, chuckling, grunting, talking… This little boy sure put’s one big giant smile on my face, that’s for sure!




The season changes happen very slowly around here. I remember growing up in Massachusetts and this setting was mostly seen around September. By the end of October all of the tree's were bare and we were being threatened with our first snowfall of the Winter season.


Down here we can enjoy the color and vibrance for a little longer.... And I try to soak in every minute of it, while J-man tries to jump in every bit of it :)


5 comments:

  1. I love those pics of your little guy in the leaves, gives me a little inspiration to maybe clean ours up this weekend. I live in the south too, and it finally got cold enough to need the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it exciting!? I would be lying if I said I didn't get a little warm fuzzy when we turned our heat on for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, looks like he had a blast jumping in the leaves! Up here in NY we've already had a few snowfalls and we are well into winter, but I love it. There's nothing cozier than cuddling on the couch at night while it's snowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your house fire! It has to be hard to have lost some of that personal stuff, at least you can start new memories with your little man :)

    I just checked out your Etsy site, those moose tags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of our leaves are just changing color and are slowly falling! The air is crisp and the heat is on with the fire...I love it!
    You little one is just adorable!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)