November 28, 2010

'Unofficial' Holiday Home Tour

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with food, family, friends, fun and more food. I hope you ate so much food that you had to unbutton that top button of your pants. Well... I don't [hope] that per-say, but you know you had some good eats when you have to unbutton those pants!

Our Thanksgiving was quite quiet. No family [to far away] and no friends [they all traveled elsewhere] around, so it was just the 3 of us and it was perfect. No having to dress up, entertain or wonder what time we would be leaving [insert house here] so I could get home and unbutton the top button of my pants. It all involved lounging around in PJ's, munching... eating turkey, watching movies and decorating the Tree!

We dragged out our 7' 100%-fake tree and got to decorating. We have had this tree for 4yrs now. It's a pre-lit tree and well this year... something seemed different. Maybe it's because we are in our own home now and im just paying attention to these specific details a bit more, but it just wasn't looking like it's usual 'self'. It was looking more like a ::gasp:: Charlie Brown tree. -But none the less it was/is a tree and it works... well did. Once all the decorating was said and done, we sat down on the sofa and marveled at our beautiful 'spruce'. Then all of a sudden a patch of the lights went out. Luckily Josh found the bad one but than more quickly burnt right out.

But not to fret my blogging buddies, a quick trip to Lowe's and we were back in business and this time, better than ever!


Lola again... still trying to have her little 'Martha Stewart' moment. As you can see the Gold, Silver and Blue has paired nicely.


I was beginning to second guess myself because everywhere I looked. Magazines, internet, stores... I found nothing with this color combo and I was starting to think the reason why was because it looked like total doo-doo when paired together?


However that obviously isn't the case....


She is pretending to be looking at a Squirrel. Don't let her fool you ;)


Don't mind the mess... actually this is what our house typically looks like on any given day [...I know....]


We don't have a hall table yet for the entry way so this little Christmas tree will do the space just right for now :)


So that's what we have been up to. Gearing up for Christmas, especially with my family staying with us this Holiday season! The tree is my best part. I have missed having a real Christmas tree. The living room smells like pine now. Love it!

19 comments:

  1. Your decorations look so nice! I am excited for the holiday festivities to begin. Make sure to check out my Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey it all looks great. I love the fresh color scheme and LOVE the wreath on the mirror. It's fantastic. Enjoy the yummy smell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Kasey! I think the color combo is wonderful! I think our trees are going to look similar, as a lot of our ornaments are glittery also! The arches in your kitchen are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so pretty! I love the color combo too! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good!! I did a similar thing by hanging glass icicles from my dining light :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! And you did a fabulous job photographing your pretty tree. Thank you so much for the tips!

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kasey, I love the blue and silver, my fav's.
    -Jo
    -LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your color combo! I've been blue and silver for a few years, this year it's silver and white!
    Love your garland hanging down, so pretty!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kasey your tree and home look fantastic. I love how you did the arches...looked hard though. Your boy is adorable playing in the leaves too, my back deck is a MESS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hated to do the arches this way but a [smallish] sized staple gun... ah... oh well. Nothing a little paint can't fix later on right? -If my family wasn't spending Christmas with us this year I probly wouldn't have done it that way but I want our home to be very festive for the kids and warm for us adults :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors you have used! The ribbon wrapped wreath is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tree is so pretty. I love the ornaments hanging from your chandy, I need to do that !

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks wonderful! and of course that color combo works, it's what i did in my jars. i WISH i could do my tree like yours, but the boyfriend likes all the different colored ornaments. bah. i love what you did with the arches! it all looks fab!

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that color combo--its a warm blue, too. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the blue, silver and white...so sparkly and festive! I like the garlands on the arches, too.

    Jane
    frugalfineliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great color combination. And your doggie is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)