Well partly bad.
You see I have this
The project started with some empty Barilla jars I had in the Pantry. Ive had my mind set on doing something with these jars for Christmas and now that, that time of year if getting closer, I decided to have a go ahead at it this weekend.
I had a can of Valspar frosted spray'paint' lying around and decided to spray paint these babies [3 total] with some of that stuff to give them a nice frosted look. Nothing screams 'Winter' and 'Holidays' more than some frost! [of course I say 'nothing screams better...' about, pretty much everything.. ]
Next up I rolled up some paper and stuck it down the middle of the jar. The paper acts as a 'block' for any spray, so that it doesn't get into the inside of the jar. That would be bad. We don't want that.
Nothing like some frosted Parma Italia for the holiday season right? ha! Inside I put a simple tea-light candle. The frost really makes the candle glow that much more than it already does, and glowing + candles + Christmas = Complete awesome.
These jars would really dress up a Kitchen very nicely for the Holiday season. I would have showcased you the final product in my very own kitchen however Josh was in there doing dishes Yes, seriously. I walk in the door from a long, hard day from work [he gets home before me] and he is at the sink, doing dishes. If I ever say anything negative about my man, smack me silly and scream into my ear about how he DOES THE DISHES!
Okay. Now for the bad part of this project, however the 'bad' is my OWN fault. Ya know... my clod-knocker way and all.
So you see what's wrong with this picture? And no I'm not talking about dust bunnies on the table either.
Basically what happened was, on Sunday when I started this project it was nice and sunny. I sprayed them at the end of the day and my plan was to leave them outside overnight to dry. We haven't gotten any rain down here in quite a few weeks so RAIN was the last thing on my mind.
Well of course, should have known. It poured and poured and poured in the middle of the night. Water + Valspar frosted spray = One fugly mess. Luckily, one was salvageable. Granted there were a few spots, minor small spots where the frost had come off, but over all, picture worthy.
So in the end, this project can be a success. Just make sure to check your local weather before doing any kind of spray painting... that and maybe, keep them 'under' something... like say... oh... a patio roof? [Ya... dur dur dur Kasey].
Don't forget to check out 'The Little Brick House' on Etsy. Ive just stocked some more cards for the Holidays!
You poor thing...I have been there with these kind of projects...so frustrating. You should be able to fix them though, I love the idea.
ReplyDeleteUgh, I hate when stuff like that happens! Sounds like you have some spares in the pantry though :)
ReplyDeleteBAH to the weather! It always goes bad at the worst time, eh?
ReplyDeleteawww...How annoying! Isn't that the way it always happens though? I do love the idea though!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I love those! One good thing about having an unfinished basement is that I can use it for painting projects and not have to go outside.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!! I think the "rain spots" give the jars some personality. :) Your Etsy site looks awesome too. You go girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies, and yes it should be an easy fix. The spray itself is so thin that I can just spray right over it again and it will look good as 'new' :)
ReplyDeleteI actually really like these! I love jars like this!
ReplyDeleteI think they turned out fab!!! What a great idea!!!
ReplyDeleteLuvs!
Love these and your blog. Gonna go check out your etsy
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to report that I purposely made a specific dinner last night because it involves using a jar of sauce. Yessssss. :)
ReplyDeleteLOL - I too LOVE a glass jar of any shape at all! Sorry about your project :(
ReplyDeleteFeel free to try this next time:
http://happyjoyousandfreeblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-painted-bottles.html I am always looking for ideas for my glass!