October 7, 2010

The itsy-bitsy Spider

Welcome back Kasey! ...Why thank you Bloggy-blog ::blushes::

I know, Ive been scarce the past few days around these parts. Ive been so busy and I had to work last weekend so needless to say Ive been spending more time in my car commuting and sitting at a desk clicking away, adjusting inventories and partaking in chem-warfare exercises... because ya know, those are just so fun and wearing my mask for 4hrs is so exciting [and can I mention how comfortable!? ::eye roll:: ].

Anyways im back now. Got ma' game face on. Ready to tackle some projects!

First up was a simple little outside Halloween decoration-get-up type deal. Materials needed are white yarn, an old sheet, black marker and a fake spider [@ Target for $1.00].


Exhibit A - Yarn. White Yarn. Although honestly, any color can be used... I just happened to have white and for the project I was working, typically you will find these to be 'white' in real life also.


Ain't she puuuurty. I thought about just buying some of the bag of 'web' that looks all cottony, but that stuff gets on my last nerve. The pieces of cotton stick to my hands and clothes and just overall annoys me. SO... I went with the next best thing. Yarn. Simple, easy and adds more of that 'Touch' that you can't find with 'store bought'.


Meet Milly and Molly... No not really, but I had an old painting sheet lying around. It happened to be white and since I had the white yarn, I put two and two together and made little Ghost's, complete with two black dots for eyes.


Don't mind the dead plants. If anything they add that little extra 'creepiness' factor right?

.....ya I didn't think so either.


I had to down a whole bottle of wine before handling this bad boy. One thing about me.... I have a serious case of Arachnophobia... I don't just 'hate' spiders, they litterally make me sick to my stomach looking at them. Not sure why and what caused it... Stick me in a tank full of roaches and worms and im golden...Get me near a spider and I'm pulling a Houdini up in that mess and will be gone before you can even begin to wonder where I went.

But no, I really didn't sit in my front yard, chugging away on a bottle of wine while decorating our tree with yarn and shredded white fabric. I just had to sit myself down and tell myself that plastic spiders are okay. They are fake. They are massed produced and if they were real, they would be extremely friendly and super cuddly.


I hope you have enjoyed Part-I of my Halloween-Decorating project for 2010 [and our very first Halloween in our very first home mind you :) ] This was just a simple little inexpensive project that I have been meaning to accomplish and now that it is checked off my list, I can work on project number 2! -Stay tuned!

What Halloween projects have you been working on?

4 comments:

  1. again your talent comes into play.....awesome-ness that is Kasey I suppose, I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, I am definitely stealing this! haha. My next Halloween project will be to create a spooky ornament tree for all of these nifty vintage Halloween ornaments we found. I'll let you know once I post it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I'm excited to see part 2! I saw your comment on Honey We're Home and decided to pop over...so glad I did...I love your blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous idea!! Cheap, easy and oh so cute. Thanks for the idea girl!

    Oh, and have you stopped by yet to add your city to the LOCATION CENTRAL blog? It's where you can see other bloggers in your area.
    www.locationcentral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)