Because we sure needed it. Our front porch light that is... I feel badly that I do not have a before photo for you but honestly it was frightening. Scary and just overall disgusting. We have a very small little 'porch' [if that's what you would call it?] at our front door and since we have done quite a bit of work sprucing up the front of the house [new flower beds, pressure washing, re-did the fence, new house numbers - which are hidden due to my own privacy blog laws, im sure you understand ;) ... and a boat load of other things here and there]. We decided that we needed a new light fixture. The one that was there before was [in all seriousness] a rusted metal plate with a light bulb attached to it. There was no fancy glass fixture, no sparkly pendant... nothing.
So we headed to Lowe's to check out their selection of outdoor lighting. We decided that we wanted something that would hang a bit so you could see it from the street. They had a nice selection of hanging pendant lights and the colors to choose from were white, black or a more 'rustic' brownish color. We decided with black. We thought of the white, however between the white trim and white door, it would have clashed. I didn't want our front entry way to look like the color white threw up on everything [as much as I love white... to much of it can be a bad thing].
We bought our light and headed home. I honestly never knew Josh knew anything about electrical... I don't even think hew knew. He just went with it. He did a good job though :)
As you can see... the nasty outline from the rusted metal plate that was there before. Complete with cobwebs.
And there she is in all her glory. Lighting the way for the many guests that we have come a knockin' on our front door [ya right].
Here is the front around the month of May-June. Just a few small changes and it has come a long way.
Here is the front as of now [well this past weekend to be more technical]. Can you see what other change we have made?? Im not going to give it away but let's just say the roof is looking a lot more 'cleaner'.
Our house right before we closed, back in February.
And today. Im really happy with how far our home has come. Of course now that Fall [yipee] is right around the corner, everything will go 'dormant' and the front won't be as 'colorful', however I am confident that with the few minor changes here and there and a few added fall/holiday accents, the house will continue to look warm and inviting.



Yeah for a light fixture!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks great! I love the light fixture! What year was your house built? We've got a mid-century (1952) ranch and your house looks like a very similar style. Great club to be in :) I think this style has so much character!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting over at Ten June!
xo- M
Our's was built in 1958. Gotta love the Ranch styles! They have so much potential! :)
ReplyDelete