September 19, 2010

Fallin' for the front door

If there was one project on my list this weekend it was to make a Fall-Wreath for the front door. Of course I have a bajillion projects on my list and have thus far only tackled two [yes I am seriously slacking] but I managed to get the wreath done and spruce of the front door a little for Fall.

Yesterday we went out to the outlets to do some shopping and on the way home we stopped at AC Moore. A lot of their 'faux' Autumn flowers were on sale so it was perfect timing on my end to stock up on some Fall-wreath accessories, all the while trying to tame a 2-yr old's excitement with all the 'pretty colors'. We all know 2yr old's HAVE to touch everything, but I can't really blame him. When I step into a craft store im just as bad. I have to touch everything and look at everything because it's all just so colorful.



So here are my supplies. Wreath- Check. Fake greenery- Check. Monogram- Check. Autumy Balls- Check.

I cut all the flowers and assembled onto the wreath and just went with it.


I really wanted to create a wreath that had some pop, instead of your standard 'Orange, Brown and Red'. I used the Autumn Balls [haha] as inspiration, which had a light green, orange and a plum/purple color.


I bought a couple pumpkins also and have some ideas for those but for now the Wreath is a start. My neighbors probly think im nuts bringing out the Fall stuff so 'early' when it's still so blistering hot out... oh well. If anything I hope this serves as some sort of inspiration for them to decor-their-door's too ha!

9 comments:

  1. I love this..I really love the pop of pink gives it a modern touch. How did you do this. Did you just stick the flowers into the wreath. I am sooo not crafty but would like to start giving these things a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :)

    And it was super easy. I just picked out the colors that I wanted at the craft-store, than just cut the flowers [using wire cutters] leaving about 2-3inches of stem with each flower. I started with just one flower and went around using the different colors, sticking the stems into the wreath. They hold pretty good with just sticking them in there but if there were any stem sticking out the back end of the wreath I would just fold the stem since it was wire and it would be secure. -As for the monogram I just took some orange ribbon that I already had and used a heavy duty stapler and attached the ribbon to the back, than wrapped the ribbon around the top of the wreath and tied it.

    All in all the whole thing took me about 15mins to create and it was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I'm curious how you hang the wreath on the door. Your door is like mine with the big window part. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a box of 'Command' medium sized hooks @ Wal-Mart. They have the sticky back so they come off clean and easily. They also hold up to 3lbs. They work great, especially when hanging something from glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks GREAT,love the colors,and your flower arrangement looks professional.Our last name begins with the letter "M",think I'll add it to my Fall wreath,thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great color combo, and using flowers instead of all leaves looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, love it! How beautiful! Would love for you to link it up to Fab Friday (open till Wed)
    http://www.savingmoneylivinglife.com/2010/09/fabulous-friday-featuring-you-guys.html
    Thanks for considering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors of the flowers are wonderful! it looks fantastic.

    thanks again for linking up.

    kellie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)