Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad but it was bad enough. The 3rd bedroom was the room that everything we didn't want out in the 'main part' of the house [i.e storage crap, junk, blankets... and things that basically didn't have a home] was thrown into. It was probly number 1 on my list of things to do however I knew it was going to be a MAJOR project to tackle so I kept putting it off and the more I put it off the more stuff kept collecting in there.
I know I said I wasn't going to show a 'before' but I figured I would just give you a 'taste' of what it was like. Nice huh?
I will admit. I was a little intimidated and had to put my game face on when going in there this weekend. I needed a plan and I had to hit it hard. There were points throughout the day where I was on the verge of giving up because I had no idea on where to even start. But I kept pushing forward and tackling one small section after another.
The end result?
.
.
.
.
.
.
Of course this isn't the 'finished product' [hence the Part I]. There are more plans in the works for this room, but the main point is, is that everything is organized and has it's own place instead of just looking like the whole room exploded with Crafty-Crapola.
The table was designed by Josh and myself. We created it to be more 'counter' height, that way I can stand if wanted to, to work on projects [I like to stand a lot... I know, im weird]. So of course we have to buy two barstools so when I do want to sit, I can sit and still comfortably reach the top of the table/bench.
Here is my 'sewing' station. Kind of bare right now... Im sure with Fall here and more projects I have coming up, this space will look just as bad as the entire room itself, did before [eek].
This is the 'crafty' station. The boxes you see underneath the table will not be there permanantly. Luckily they are all organized, I just have to find more of a 'permanant' home for them.
My 'Awesome' ribbon racks, scrapbook paper and collection of beads and buttons located in the glass jars.
The botton shelf in the center of the table/bench holds some of my favorite fabrics. I still have two large blue tubs in another closet with fabric :-/
The top shelf holds my sewing accessories, scrapbooks, photo albums and my photography portfolio.
The other side of the room is pretty blank right now. The two large tupperware drawers you see in the corner hold accessories and supplies for my Art/Painting and Drawing and the other tub holds all things Photography. Paper, Equipment and Frames.
I didn't have an extra billboard so I used an old curtain rod and hung some of my sons work of art from ribbon. Yes I know he is only two but I consider his scribbles and lines nothing short of a Picaso :)
We took the old ceiling fan down and replaced it with that nifty little light fixture that we scored @ Lowes on the clearance rack for $13.99! The room is a LOT brighter now, good for working on projects!
And there you have it. The complete PART I tour of the Craft Room over here at Casa M. Our other plans include 4 floating shelves. 2 above each 'station' [sewing and craft/project]. A 19inch wall-mount flat screen TV between the two sets of shelves, on the wall. Since this room is our 3rd bedroom it will also have to serve as a 'guest room'.... so with that we are going to look into getting a 'small' sofa-style bed or a nice futon with a wooden frame. That way when we don't have any guests the room will simply serve as the craft-project room complete with a nice little sitting area and when we do have guests it will serve as the 'sleeping quarters' complete with cable TV and a bed.
Im just glad that the organization and cleaning part is finally over. It's nice to actually SEE the floor... not only that a nice clean and organized craft room makes me that much more motivated to get some projects done for Fall!
It looks great! Can't wait to see how you finish it out.
ReplyDeleteI love how organized it is...so inspirational!
ReplyDeleteIt... Looks... AWESOME!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW - everything looks wonderful so far ! So CLEAN and organized... I really need to dig into my craftroom/office and give a re-do. You might have just inspired me !
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing,
gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com
It looks very nice, Kasey. Very organized and CLEAN!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome..diligience pays off!! Love how you display your son's artwork!!
ReplyDeleteI gave you a blogger award. Stop by my blog for details and how to pass on the blog love!!
I'm totally adoring the desk. As in, I want a desk just like it. (I'm so creative.) Love that it's counter-height. Love that it's big. Just perfect.
ReplyDeleteLooks great... so clean and energizing! Ready to craft!
ReplyDeleteBonnie :)