August 29, 2010

Fall Inspirations - Papers and Ceramic's

Well August is finally on the outs. Yes I am very much excited because I think I have had enough heat for one long, very long, miserable Summer. Well not so much the heat, more the Humidity. -Nasty.

I have been doing some serious window shopping at Target, TJMaxx, AC Moore [arts and crafts], Micheal's, Jo Ann Fabrics and the like for their seasonal 'Fall Decor'. Any little hint of orange and brown I become all giddy inside with pure joy and excitement. I Love Fall. Just love it. I don't think anyone can possibly love Fall as much as I do.

So with my window shopping escapades [which also include online window browsing as well...] I came across some great scrapbook papers. I typically don't scrapbook, although I keep telling myself I secretly LOVE scrap-booking and that one of these days I am going to bust out all the tools and get right to work because I seriously do have a large collection of scrap-booking tools, especially Paper. I have an obsession with scrapbook paper. The colors, styles, shapes, designs... You name it and I am drawn to it like a Moth to the flame. But anyways, back on topic [I tend to veer off the road a bit from time to time].
The name alone just sounds so intriguing. This stack I first saw at Jo Ann's. At the time I just wasn't ready to make that commitment yet, that and it didn't seem right, although with my super-oober obsession with Fall, it still didn't feel right buying an Autumn stack of paper's when we weren't even in the 3rd week of August yet.  SO. I waited.


Than I was ready. We went out last weekend to do a little shopping and some more browsing and just so happened to stop at Jo Ann's on our way home for the day. Not only did we stop and become giddy over all of the Fall Decor [well that was more me than Josh but saying 'we' makes me not feel so obsessed] but the stacks were on sale for $9.99!

So with some Fall inspiration in the form of Scrap-book paper, my mind quickly got to work on figuring out what projects I could work on. I could, of course... do the most obvious and use the paper for what it was intended for -Scrap-booking- but nah. That would be to easy, right?























I picked out two of my favorite papers. Nothing says Fall more than some birds, tree branches and some leaves falling from a tree right? Right. -I also happened to have some extra frames lying around that I had bought a few weeks prior.


You guessed it. Scrap-book paper + Frames = Simple and inexpensive 'Autumn Inspired' wall-art. Pfffft... and here I thought I was bad at Math.


I decided to put them in the entry way and dress up that wall around the large mirror a bit. I still have to do something with that unsightly gold color on the frame of the mirror. Let's add it to the list!

After taking some more time to skim through the Autumn Amber stack I thought I would give you sneak peak at some of my other favorite designs and possibly the center of future 'Fall-Themed' projects for this season.


The colors are just so vibrant and fun. Unlike 'traditional' Fall colors, which normally consist of orange, yellow and brown... these give you some extra 'Pops' here and there with blues, purples, pinks and greens.


But what is an Autumn stack of papers without some Halloween love? There were of course more than just 3 papers but these 3 were my favorites out of the 'Halloween' section, which is located in the back of the book.

Also while we were out shopping last weekend we stopped at Old Time Pottery which looked like Autumn/Fall and Halloween just exploded inside that store [talk about giddiness overload]. I walked by some white ceramic pumpkins and completely fell in love with them.


At only $1.99 a pop how could you NOT resist!?


They work so well with the colors in our house, which are neutrals with pops of color. I may just have to go back this weekend and buy some more ;) -Which leads me to ask... Do you have an Old Time Pottery near you? Do you like to shop there? Have you scored any sweet deals recently?

So there you have my first Autumn Inspired post. I am warning you though. With my major obsession with all things Fall... this is only the beginning. [And just wait till Christmas.. muahaha].

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea for scrapbooking paper! I love it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only moderately bitter that we don't have an Olde Tyme Pottery. I adore that store. We had one near us in college. It began an obsession. Now, when we drive through a town with one, I have to stop. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's probly the same moderately bitterness I feel when I hear of fellow bloggers talking about their run to Ikea. LOL!

    -My closest Ikea store is about 6hrs away :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cool. ;) I love Halloween and I LOVE autumn. It's crazy how much I love it. What a great idea, finding cool paper and framing them. I don't have a Pottery Barn or anything real close, but maybe I'll have to take a day trip or something! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with scrapbook paper, too. I love it so much!!! Have to stay away from that aisle at times:) Happy Fall!

    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv it Kasey!

    And my Ikea is two hours away... pottery barn is just 30 minutes for the store and 45 for the outlet :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)