March 8, 2012

Azalea's, Coffee and Hunter Green

It's Thursday. Yay. I like Thursdays. I might even like them better then Friday's. Crazy I know, but Friday, although an awesome day in itself, just means im that much closer to Monday {the weekend goes by way to fast}. Thursday is like the 'Pre-weekend', to the weekend. If that makes sense.

Probly not, but whatevs.

Not a whole lot going on over at our household this week. Spring break officially started... as in 'tourists'. There was an article in the news about the 'first wave' of Spring Breakers that were starting to roll on in. Then it had pictures in the article of the beach, which, by the looks of it, already swarming with people :-(


The fence line along our side yard is blooming with red and pink Azalea's. Their everywhere. I love it. I had to run out there real quick earlier to snap this pic before all the bee's woke up {im highly, highly allergic to bee's}.


I think I need to pick some of those Azalea's and swap them out with the dying flowers that grace our dining room table. These are from Valentines day. I know... I know... Don't judge.


J found his stash of play-dough that I *thought* I hid in a really good spot.

Apparently he upped his game and knows of my secret hiding places. Boooo.


A small canvas with a soft, summery yellow painted all over it. This makes me smile.

My whole studio makes me smile.


The MIL snagged this up for like 75 cents {or something along those lines}. Other then the old tape stuck to the little drawers it's awesome for storing card stock and paper... which reminds me. I ran out of my matte photo paper yesterday. I'm just a printing fool right now with all the designs im coming up with :-P


Speaking of designs, here is a sneak peak at what im working on right now. This is actually going to be a 'series'... or 'create your own' type of design.


This helps the creative juices flow. For reals.


And last but not least, we started chipping away at the bead board in the master bathroom. Wanna know something funny. The previous owners had this room painted a hunter green. Hunter green people. Nothing screams 1992 like Hunter Green. When I saw it, it brought back memories of my childhood and the hunter green walls we had in our living room, with a pink/green flower border to match the accompanying light pink carpet. Oooooh... how.... lovely it was not!

How bout you. You remember Hunter green? We had a plaid sofa too. A thick plaid sofa with hunter green and deep red in it {barf}. I saw a love seat at the goodwill a few months ago in the same exact pattern as that old plaid sofa we had when I was a kid. I threatened Josh with it. Saying if he ever got out of line, expect to see the hunter-green-plaid-love seat in the living room :-P

4 comments:

  1. I love azaleas too! We have a small hot pink bush on the side of our house and I love when they bloom. Can't wait to see what you paint on the summery yellow canvas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pretty, they line our entire side yard between ours and the neighbors yard, that along with the fence = perfect privacy and the best part? They stay bloomed for awhile! :0)

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous of your blooming flowers. And your beach. I won't feel bad for you and the tourists because the rest of us need an escape from the cold places that we live. ;)

    And I totally remember hunter green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL good point. I have to remember I used to live in Massachusetts and we came down to Florida a couple of times for vacation and we used to go to the beach, although, the tourists don't know the secret spots so I can't complain to much ;)

      Delete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)