February 28, 2012

What ive been up to and Master Bath update

Hello friends.

I have been a bad blogger for not posting in awhile but I needed a break. A much needed break, not just from the blog, but the shop, facebook, twitter… the internet as a whole and I guess just creating in general. I needed to re-charged my creative juices so to say and that meant coming home from work and not even stepping foot into the office, studio or even on the computer or laptop.

So what have I been up to?

Nothing really… Jayden turned 4 {!!!!!!!} last week. Im so sad. My little boy is growing up so fast before my eyes. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and enjoy every single second with him at this age. Is 4 even considered a toddler anymore? No…. {excuse me while I go and huddle myself in the fetal position within the corner of a dark closet}.

Time just needs to slow down.

So what else have I been doing other then not blogging and anything else that involves ‘technology’? Well spending time with the fam. Has been one thing and it’s been awesome. Coming home, making dinner, hanging out in the living room, just the 3 of us. Yes we are those people who eat dinner in the living room. Not all the time… but most of the time. –I sit at a desk all day at work so coming home and just kicking back on a nice fluffy sofa? Yes please.

Have any of you watched LOST? Ya know… the series? I never watched it when it was still on TV but Josh and I started watching it and we finished the last episode the other day. Other then the fact I want to move to some remote tropical island now and hunt boar and fish...I will say I LOVED that show but what the heck is up with that ending?? I am still confused. I mean I get that they all had to meet up with each other in order to move on {heaven} but what about everyone else? The rest of the people that were on that plane? Michael and Walt? The pilot, Richard, Miles?... heck what about Vincent the DOG!??? It was like so many questions were left unexplained. It’s all theory now. I don’t like that. I want to know where they went too! But anyways, it was a good show. Shame on me for not watching it when it first started out on TV.
 
__________________________________________________________________
 
In other news we are getting back to working on the Master Bathroom. Nothing major has been done yet other then working more on the shower but we will be taking the jet tub out and I am on the hunt for a new double vanity… preferably in a dark espresso color… a little modern looking but not to modern. Any ideas? I found this one on sale at Lowes and it’s just the kind of design I am looking for and almost half the price of all the other double vanities I have seen…

 
 
I also have my eye on this tile....
 
We are still doing the white subway tile in the shower, but I want an 'accent' wall now. The wall straight ahead, when you enter the shower I want to put the above tile on that wall. The remaining walls will be white subway tile and the floor will either be smaller subway tiles or we will bring in the tile for the bathroom floor and put it as the floor in the shower as well {we are taking up the hardwood in there and putting down a nice tile}.
 
 
I really like this tile and about 110% set on this one for the floor {and possibly the shower floor}.
 
We will be doing the glass tiles on the wall above the vanity as well. Expanding the length of the entire vanity and going all the way up to the crown molding. It will just be that section. I am still looking at different mirrors and also light fixtures. I really like the Lantern style type fixtures but im not sold on any yet.
 
For the whole feel of the bathroom, think 'Modern Beach Cottage'. I love the beach and I like cottages {beach cottages} but I also like a splash of Modern... So I want to incorporate modern elements yet still adding in some 'cottage' style items as well... and the colors I want to keep 'beacy' but somewhat modern. Does that make sense? I can totally see it all in my head, but explaining it is another story lol!
 
So there you have it folks. That's whats been up. Im happy to be back. My little break was nice but now im refreshed and ready to start working on some stuff again. Stay tuned for some more bathroom posts. We're going to be removing that insanely large tub very soon {that outta be fun.... hehe}!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back in action! But totally appreciate the break. Do what works for you and the fam, right?! : ) Loving what you've got coming in the master bath... I feel like I've seen a few dark cabinets on sale at both Lowes and Home Depot. Oh and check Amazon? Good luck!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle... and thanks for mentioning Amazon. Im usually an Amazon freak but for some reason, this time, I didn't even think of checking there.

      Delete
  2. I just got glass tile on like that at home depot on clearance - it was about $3 per thing - check it out it was called thunder (something) - I wish there was more at my store I bought the last 16 of them - maybe you will have better luck by you.... :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)