January 12, 2012

Kitty-Kitty

So... totally random but I thought it was really weird that I happened to read this right AFTER posting about it.

Remember Jack the Pelican? How can you not??

Well I was snooping around the local news today and came across an article about the local Pelicans becoming to 'friendly' at the Pier, and apparently.... Jack the Pelican is not Jack the Pelican and is actually Kitty-Kitty the Pelican.


Jack?



Kitty-Kitty???

For reals?? I don't know. I like Jack. He will always be a Jack to me. Kitty Kitty is just weird. Seriously. 'Kitty' is what my grandma uses to describe ladies southern regions {seriously, long story, but oh my gosh it was so funny}. So a Pelican certainly does not come to mind when I hear Kitty-Kitty.

Cat food maybe. Pelican? um no.

But apparently Kitty-Kitty and co. have been causing a 'nuisance' over at the ol' pier. People were complaining of how they were becoming to 'friendly' and would try to chase you if you had food. SO wildlife officials removed the trouble makers and they now reside at a wild bird sanctuary. 

You will be missed Kitty-Kitty Jack. Im glad I got to meet you when I had the chance and I don't care what anyone says, you were sweet as pie.

Oh and I totally did use the same photos I used a few posts ago and I don't feel one bit bad about it ;0)



5 comments:

  1. Haha, I think Kitty Kitty is actually a funny name for him. Especially how that's how my husband (and his whole family) speaks to cats when calling them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol right on. It's just so random for a Pelican. I want to meet the fellow who looked at that Pelican and said 'Ya know, im going to call you kitty-kitty'. haha!

      Delete
  2. I hate sea food and love chocolate too : ) So glad you linked up to the "About Me" party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's totally a Jack. Nothing like a Kitty-Kitty! But that's probably because I read the Jack post first. Those pelicans are like the squirrels were at my college campus... too people friendly & eager for food!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol @ the squirrels, thats nuts. Ive just never encountered Pelicans enough to know that in reality they can be like pesky vultures? But I guess 'living' on a pier can't be all that exciting lol.

      Delete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)