ON purpose too. :0)
Anywho, I stopped at Target today on my lunch break. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular. Just one of those random, don't have anywhere to go, but don't want to stay in the office, type of lunch breaks {I tend to have a lot of those}.
Welp, I browsed through the home good isles and was not impressed with the sales. Heck I was shocked at the *lack* of sales they had. I would have thought they would be booming with sales since Christmas is over. Florida must not believe in sales. -Cheapskates.
I got all nosy in the office supplies section. I walked up and down the 3-4 isles of office supplies about 6 times each. I was begining to wonder if the people behind the security cameras would take notice and at any moment start following me {oh wait, maybe that's why that one guy seemed to be back tracking me.... hmmm....}
{kidding}.
I stopped at the cork board section of the isle and although the rest of the sales {if that's what you want to call them} throughout the store pretty much sucked, the sale on cork boards was actually pretty awesome and probly totally random all at the same time {seriously? sale on cork boards.. of all things}.
So I snagged one up for about 5 bucks and took it home.
I absolutely love Pinterest {if you couldn't tell by the amount of pins I have already} however I had this creative idea to have an inspiration board in 'real time'. Something I could always look at without having to rely on the computer to give me that daily dose of creativity.
I gathered up some old magazines I had lying around the house and also some cute photos my sister sent of my nephews and of course one of my absolute favorites of Jayden.
The one of him at the beach. He was a year old. It was his very first time at the beach and he LOVED it. His little arms all up in the air, keeping his balance between crashing waves and some soggy baby shorts. Needless to say the boy to this day loves the beach and is already asking me if we can go to it. Luckily we live pretty close to it.
The other 3 photos are also some of my favs. Old, but favs. I love lilies and the orange lily was blooming wildly at our old house, the sailboat was at sunset at our local park {beyond the buildings in the background is the ocean} and the one of the ocean and cloud coming in was when Hurricane Gustav was out in the Gulf. We headed to the pier to 'watch' it come in and it was so awesome.
I basically snagged some photos that were fun and colorful.
Color inspires me and makes me really happy and my heart really warm.
And yes... color is very, very refreshing!
And speaking of up coming projects, here is a sneak peak, totally not finished but wanted to give you a little teaser of what im working on {among others}.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
SO after seeing all the color in this post maybe you aren't so board anymore? HA! BOARD! ::snort::.
I am excited about my little 'real time pinterest board'. Im having so much fun staring at it, even though that might sound booooring, literally.
I am also on a mission to stay up as late as I can, at least until midnight. I am determined to stay up and watch the ball drop this year. Both Josh and I feel so freaking old. Every year we are in bed long before the ball drop. Like loooong before. Its kind of pitiful. So send me some coffee vibes to get us through till the clock turns 12 tomorrow night/Sunday morning. :0)
Have a great New Year everyone!!!!









I am also not impressed with Target's prices and sales lately. Oh well, saves me money when I don't buy anything. Cute setup with the cork board!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog from Etsy business. Love, love, love your craft room! Great blog you have. I'm your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteLove your cute little pouches too.
Thanks for the sweet words Sher! :0)
Delete