November 9, 2011

vintage santa!

I dont know why but lately I have been obsessed with vintage santas and vintage christmas colors and ornaments. I think partly because they remind me of when I was younger? perhaps.

Remember back in the day when all of the ornaments were so colorful and those color lights that were quite big and fat and you had to screw into the little socket-thingy on the actual string of lights? We had those on our tree when I was little and although I love the classic look of white christmas lights, this year I think im going to make it more 'fun' and more what better color combination then creating a 'vintage' theme.


But with my love of white christmas lights, we will put up the white lights on the outside but for the sake of fun and creativity, the inside will be decked out with fun colors {old and new} and christmas shenanigans throughout the house.


and like I said earlier. I have had this fascination with vintage santas. I have been seeing them quite a bit on pinterest and they just ooooze 'fun and happy' christmas.


Aren't they cute!?

So this past weekend we headed out to the local indoor flea-market. This place is jam packed with all kinds of treasures. old and new, somehow fitted into any and every available space.

Some of the 'booths' had some christmas items out and although I didn't go around taking photos of the entire place {that weirds me out}, look what I did find and after quickly looking around to see if anyone was looking, I quickly snapped a photo {gotta love the trusty phone!}.


vintage santas!!! weeeeeee!

thats not all folks.


vintage owls!!!!

Aren't the owls adorable!? The set on the right was a tea set {I guess you put a tea bag on top and it strains into your mug} the set to the left was a salt and pepper shaker and the set in the back was a coffee and creamer set.

I am kicking myself though because I only bought one Santa mug. This place only takes cash and I only had enough for one mug {they were $3.00 a piece but I had a $5 on me lol}. The owl sets were $4.00 for a set and I am seriously thinking of going back and getting the coffee and creamer one and some more santas!

Have you thought about christmas yet? whats your theme this year, if any?

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)