Im just the kind of person that if I like it then that's good enough for me.
over the past couple weeks I started adding a few small autumn/fall items throughout the house and just recently started adding halloween stuff here and there.
minus the inflatable blow up witches or pumpkins.
I bought these little tea light candle pumpkins last year @ dollar tree and spray painted them white. the ending result was a weird spider web vein looking part at the bottom. i kinda like it.
with my large green vase I added some branches and with some halloween scrapbook paper I used my circle cutter thing {I know there is a techie name for it but im not a big scrapper so im at a loss} and created some circles out of the paper and hung them from the branches, randomly with black thread.
I printed off some potion labels I found on Flickr, cut them out and then taped them to my glass bottles that I already had on that shelf. I was going to modge podge them but I didn't want to ruin the bottles.
I took the sea shells out of the smaller glass vases and put in acorns from the backyard {shown in the 1st photo on the large candle pillar} and some fake autumn flowers as shown in the 2nd photo.
an autumn bunting made from scrapbook paper, pumpkin and my autumn candle {smells delicious}.
vampire blood anyone? we have plenty in the pantry, just hit me up if you need some.
an old abandoned house photo from Flickr {always adds the creepy effect}, a photo of a black cat I found on vintage printable... although im not sure what this 'black cat' is, hopefully it's nothing bad, ha! and an old wood frame that I had painted black.
and next to the dining room I took down my small little mirror and put up a photo of a pumpkin which I also printed off of vintage printable, and put in a 99 cent frame I bought at the goodwill a couple weeks ago.
So there you have it, I also added a few more things to the entry way but my camera battery was dying so that will have to wait for another day. in the mean time im happy with the small little changes throughout the house not to mention I am obsessed with burning my pumpkin scented candles... yum!
No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)