August 21, 2011

Blogoversary Week!!

That's right folks. Can you believe it's been 1yr since the Little Brick House launched? I know I can't. Seems like just yesterday I started up this little ol' blog without any real direction of knowing exactly where it would go.



I was actually blogging before I started 'Little Brick House' but I had a different name and was so scattered with it. The 'Little Brick House' was more defining. Defining who I am, my life and my family. It was going in the direction I was looking to and it sure has been fun thus far.


There was my first published post on 'Little Brick House' [you can check it out here]. It's funny looking back and reading some posts from a year ago. Some of them I look back on and think 'Why did I blog about that?' or 'Wow, that was dumb', but it's posts like those that make me happy that I blog so when year[s] pass I can look back and laugh at myself [even though I do that already hehe] and smile about the silly things my family and I did. My blog is like my digital memory. Things I might seemingly forget through this busy and hectic life are easily transcribed on this little blog for in the future I can look back and have the 'Oh ya!' moments.

How did you come up with the name 'Little Brick House'? - We had just bought our first home and I knew I wanted to blog about our life through this little journey of ours, but I didn't know what that journey would be called. I thought for a few days of different names. Some included 'The house on the corner', 'Brick House', 'Brick by Brick'... and two included [Street name] Manor, and [Town] Manor, but I axed those first because we live in a small town and I really didn't want to put our 'location' out there on the internet. Then it hit me. 'Little Brick House'. Our family is small, we bought a brick home so why not call it -Little Brick House-?? And then it stuck and that's how 'Little Brick House' came to be [and Etsy shop followed suit with the same name to keep everything simple and organized]. 


So what exactly do I have planned for Blog week? Well for starters there will be a post every single day from 22-28. That's a first for me, so im super excited for that.

August 22 - $30.00 Goodwill dresser reveal
August 23 - All about me :)
August 24 - Entryway Happenings [updates]
August 25 - GIVEAWAY!!
August 26 - Pallet wall art tutorial and reveal
August 27 - Showcasing some of my favs. from some of my favorite blogs
August 28 - Giveaway winner and my outlook for another year in Blog-land and a weekend wrap-up Linky Party [my very first one]!

So there is the schedule. I hope that you'll join me in all of the festivities I have planned and stay tuned for my giveaway where I will be giving one lucky winner a custom camera strap cover and zippered lens pouch of YOUR choosing, right from my Etsy shop.



I am so excited to have been blogging for one year w/Little Brick House, and this next year is going to be even more exciting. Lots of things happening, lots of changes and I can't wait to share them with you all!

:)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Hard to believe it's been a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year Kasey!! I love the new look of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)