Our living room is pretttty much like the 'heart of the home'. Seeing as how it's open with the kitchen and all.... We get a lot of use out of our living room, not only in the form of watching something on the ol' tube, but to get to the rest of the house, you have to walk through the living room. So it gets a lot of foot traffic also.
Since moving in we haven't done much with the living room other than paint. Everything over the past year however has changed when it comes to colors and other pieces I put into it. Slowly but surely, it's coming along.
We only have 1 placement option for the sofa and love seat. We could always remove the love seat and put some nice chairs but I don't think im ready to part with my love seat. I always sit in that thing. On the left side to be exact ha!
Since we have the two large windows on the opposite side of the wall we can't put the sofa/love seat over there without blocking the windows, but for now I like the layout like this.
That large candlestick holder I scored at Old Time Pottery for $5.00. I may have to go back and get the smaller one. Love the color, and of course my glass bottles and my little ferny-palm plant. I am on the hunt for a new pot for it because that one [which is what it came in] is a bit TO bold.
Our side table I had turned out the long way [there is a drawer on the far end] but since we don't use the little drawer I tried turning in this way and liked it this way much more. My pictures and simple candle holder fit perfectly on top with the lamp in the middle.
And there is our living room in it's current state. Other things we need to do are to replace the coffee table. It's just so big and chunky. I would like one that isn't so heavy [seriously, the thing weighs a ton] and not so chunky. A new area rug would also be nice. I like the one we have now but because this area does receive a lot of foot traffic, it doesn't look as new as it once was.... and it's not even a year old. As you can see I did change out the photos/artwork on the wall above the large sofa. I wanted some more color in the room and so I took out some of the black and white photos and added some from my own collection and the painting in the middle I whipped up with some colors that are found throughout the entire room.
All in all I enjoy this room. We love spending time in here watching movies and just hanging out. I also really love how when im in the Kitchen and the boys are in the living room, I still feel like im in there with them since it's all open AND I have a perfect birds eye view of the TV.
I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th weekend! try not to party to much ;-)
You have such a cute place! I love your yellow console under your tv.
ReplyDeleteGreat tour! Love how open and airy it feels with those white curtains and light wall color. I also love the yellow console.
ReplyDelete