Hold onto your hats ladies and gents. Today im sharing an in-depth look into my 'studio'.... or craft room, as I sometimes call it. It's my 'go to' room for my painting/drawing, sewing projects, or anything else that might fall under the craft category. My studio is the 3rd bedroom in the house. Since we don't have a whole lot of overnight guests, it doesn't make sense to make an entire room a 'guest bedroom' when we would never use it. I get more use out of our 3rd bedroom by using it as a studio and it holds all of my stuff which is a major plus.
This is the view standing in the hallway, looking into the room.
Once you walk in you can see the bulk of it all. The large bench Josh and I made and just recently we added the shelves to the wall.
I love this long bench. It has so much room and is a perfect surface to work on.
On the far right is my sewing corner. This area holds all of my sewing stuff. The blue bin is a re-done vintage metal paper towel holder that I painted and now holds all of my small fabric scraps. The glass jars hold pins, needles, bobs of thread and my sewing machine feet.
The first shelf holds my fabrics.
Unfinished projects.
And to the left of that are the finished projects.
Down to the opposite side of my bench you get more of my 'Art' type stuff. Paper, scrapbook paper, notepads, drawing/sketch pads... etc.
I'm not a big scrapbooker but I looooove me some scrapbook paper. I just love all of the patterns and colors. I manage to find other uses for all of my paper other than just scrapbook projects.
My littler corner has my paper cutter, measuring board and my current water color project I am working on.
The very top shelf in those purple containers, are all of my beads and supplies for when I make my I.D lanyards [I have made some lanyards for my shop and where I currently work you have to wear a badge at all times so the lanyards are a hit :) ]. The second shelf in the 3-drawer container are scraps of paper, photo papers and blank cards [some are just white and some have designs on them].
To the right of my 3-drawer container are my packaging for when I ship my prints. Than we have my stack of construction paper. Or I should say Jayden's stack since he uses that paper more than I have :)
This is one of my areas for ribbon [you will see the other later on]. I made this ribbon board out of a piece of scrap wood we had in the garage. Sanded it down, painted it white [along with the screws] and as you can see I took some long screws [about 4"] and screwed them in just enough to where they were tightly in there. And now they easily hold my spools of ribbon.
I know my closet looks like a complete freak show but trust me. It seriously is organized. Even though it's packed to the gills with stuff, I know exactly where everything in there is. The very top shelf are throw pillows that came with our sofa's when we bought them. Their ugly but I have kept them because of the stuffing [all about the re-suing!]. The 3rd shelf has all of my candle holders, candles and glass jars. The 2nd shelf, as you can see, has larger yards of fabric and old curtains on the left, stuffing in the middle and on the right I have my Etsy box and below that is a box with files and old folders. On the very bottom we have [on the left] a box with binders containing old papers that aren't quite important enough to put in the safe box but important enough to not throw away [if that makes sense], paint cans on the floor and in the blue tub are some old decor items that are no longer my style and im going to re-do them and also some Fall/Autumn items.
The door holds some gift bags, extension cord and an Autumn wreath [which I think is ugly to be honest haha].
Hop over to the other side of the room again and you have my 'tool station'. This is my peg board that holds just about all of my 'tools'. And even my paints [as seen towards the bottom].
There you can see my 2nd ribbon station which holds some of my larger spools of ribbon.
My semi-last area of storage are my two large storage drawer containers that fit perfectly under the bench. The right on holds supplies like tape, glue gun, thumb tacks, crayons, chalk, hardware, craft projects to work on and on the bottom are all of my paint supplies [rollers, big brushes, drop cloth and craft paint]. The container on the left has more of my sewing supplies. Zippers, tape, interfacing, felt... etc and on the bottom drawer are some empty frames.
Next up is my sewing table. I would love a new table for sewing, but for right now I use an old desk. It's sturdy and works so why not right? The filing cabinet is mainly there for extra storage if needed and also is a great place to put my little lamp. My ironing board and a mirror fit perfectly behind that.
Some of my paintings and artwork.
Other paintings and artwork that I have created also hang on my clothes-pin board. Basically I took another old scrap piece of wood from the garage. Sanded, painted and attached small hooks to the top and hung it on the wall [with the hooks]. I than took clothes pins and used double sided tape and attached them to the board.
And there you have my complete studio-craft room tour. I know it was quite a walk through but I was happy to share my little space with you. My space where I go to for a little 'me' time or when I need to be inspired. And when we do have guests, their not left out in the dust. We just blow up the ol' air mattress, plop it in this room and presto. Instant guest room ;)
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. Vacation is over now. Back to the grind again [ugh].
Wonderful organization. Everything has a spot, it is just perfect. I really love the repurposed paper towel holder too, very green! Happy Tuesday!
ReplyDeletethis looks amazing! You did a fabulous job organizing! Thanks you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I love making new blog friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would come follow me too! Also, there is a link party going on right now if you want to link any of your projects up! Thanks!
ReplyDelete-Nikki
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/
It is so awesome that you have your very own craft room- and a wonderful one at that! love all the little details and organizational tools. Looks great :)
ReplyDeleteI used to love you . . and now I think I hate you! Wow. I am blown away. What a fantastic and gorgeous space to work in. Thanks so much for sharing. You are one lucky girl.
ReplyDeleteI am seriously jealous right not. What an amazing space you have there. Wow.
ReplyDeletei love the clothes pin thing.
ReplyDeletealso, i need a ribbon peg board!
Holy organization!!!! Um, how did you not share this room with us before?! It's amazing! Can we share?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! I'm feeling inspired just touring your space, and I'm not an artsy-crafty person at all. Also? Totally loving the floors.
ReplyDelete@Robin- Thanks! The paper towel holder was a really fun project :)
ReplyDelete@Nikki- Off to check out your linky-party and thanks for stopping by :)
@Kelly- The clothes-pin and ribbon holder were suppppper easy. Thanks for stopping by!
@Cindy- One of the reasons why I love this room. Inspiration! As for the floors, they are the original hardwoods. Their rich, shiny and they creak :)
It's so darn pretty! I'm jealous of how organized it is. I'm using a "maybe someday nursery" as my current "craft room" so I can't quite justify "decorating" it yet...I'll just live vicariously through you! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this! I love your ribbon storage and the big peg board. You make me want to reorganize my craft area. Also I might have to ask you painting questions. I am just starting to learn to paint with acrylics.
ReplyDeleteOoh, I wish I had a big space like that for a craft room too. It looks so peaceful to work in because it's so tidy.
ReplyDeleteGreat job organizing your craft room! I love it. We're starting to work on my this weekend and I'm always looking for ideas.
ReplyDeleteWow! Is this heaven? It looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteAnd all that fabric-y goodness? Killing.me. I wanna come over and craft together.
Hi, Kasey! I just wanted to let you know that I Featured your craft room today. I love all of your storage options! Such a great space. :)
ReplyDeleteYour craft room looks so nice and well organized, wish I have one too!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Amanda's party!
Love your blog and am your newest follower! :)
ReplyDeleteHow did you make the work bench? I have just cleared out my spare bedroom and am in the process of making it into my craft room. I love that work bench and your craft room is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great space you have for crafting. I really like the long workbench that you recently installed. I also like that the middle of your room is open so you have room to spread materials out if you need to.
ReplyDeleteI'm visiting from Amanda's party.
What an awesome space to have! You did an amazing job organizing everything. That workbench is perfect!
ReplyDelete@Carissa- The bench was super easy. We made the bench using 2x4's and plywood. We made the table inside the room, since it spans the length of the wall, there was no way we would be able to get a table of that size down the hallway and through the door. Once it was assembled, I sanded it down and painted it white :)
ReplyDeleteYou have a lovely craftroom. It is full of inspiration as I plan a new room for me in our new home. Your floors are beautiful! I'm a new follower!
ReplyDeleteMy first thought looking at this is "I love your floors!" Seriously, they're amazing!
ReplyDeletePast that, your studio looks really good. I love the bench and shelves that y'all made. I also really like the artwork that you've made displayed. I tend to create things for others but I rarely display my own work (unless the project is made specifically for a room).
The room looks great!
~Kristi
Such a beautiful space. I think you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this room! I featured it today at my delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party.
ReplyDeleteStop by and grab a button for your blog, if you'd like.
http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/07/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party_13.html
DaNita