If it's one thing I learned this weekend it's that of trying to gather the kiddos around for a group photo only to have major meltdowns, freakouts, blank stares and funny faces.
It starts with rounding them all up. Of course Jayden made mama proud by waiting contently for all the other chillins' to gather round for operation photo op.
Assembling the kids, which from this was looking like it might actually work. So far we have smiles, hugs and everyone is sitting still [total miracle].
But then the inevitable happens. Although im secretly high-fiving myself for having such a patient child who still insists on sitting contently with water bottle in hand, his cousin had other plans.
In the end this was the best group photo I got. It's not bad though. These are the ones I like. Their almost candid yet at the same time their showing kids being... just that ... kids. It's all in fun!
And in the end there are Fireworks. Fireworks make everything better.
Assuming someone doesn't park right behind a tree ::cough::Josh::cough::
Much better!
So our weekend was pretty much that. Food, family, wine, fireworks, and good conversation. Everyone had a blast and the kids loved the pool. Everyone had so much fun that I am now planning an 'End of Summer' bash so we can all get together, have some food, spend time together, maybe get some more swimming in and of course ....more wine. hehe. j.k [or am I?]
Note:: I'm seriously not a wine-aholic. I very much enjoyed my bottle of wine, so much so I wanted to share my oober excitement with all of you. Before this weekend, the last time I had any form of alcohol in my body was 2yrs ago. [No. Joke].
Looks like a great day! Love your new blog header too!
ReplyDelete