It's been way to long and I am way over do on a blog post. I know it's after 10 o'clock at night but I am taking advantage of the fact that I actually didn't find myself yawning and misting my eyes with water because they felt like sandpaper, at 7:49pm [I know, im getting old, ha!].
There is a reason why I am still up and a reason why I am still very much wide awake. I'm sure since your reading this you have already gotten a few hints as to what those reasons are. I have made some changes to the bloggidy-blog.
As you can see I have a new header. I have been working on this thing since last night. I wanted to make sure the colors and placement were just right on all of the flowers and that the lettering was also, just right. I know, sounds a little anal-ish but when it comes to 'cohesive-ness' [I really don't like that word for some reason] I get particular about spacing, color, depth and font.
Okay, moving on. As you can see I also have added some new pages. 'The Shop' will be dedicated for my Etsy shop and anything and everything 'shop' related. 'Current projects' is where I will have snippets of what I am currently working on. Whether it be painting/art, sewing, crafts, house projects/DIY or anything else my little heart desires that would be considered a 'project'. :-D
New post title font! I know, your just so excited you could pee your pants right now. Well I am excited and im even more excited that after about an hour of HTML and coding, I got the spacing and centering just right.
Note:: Some of you might not see the font I used [which is shown in the above photo]. So if that specific font is not recognized by your computer than you will just see boring ol' Arial font. [booooring!].
Over on the right you can see I have moved my two sidebars onto that one side. You can also see that I have one larger sidebar above the two smaller ones. I am still adding things to my sidebar, so right now it looks a little bare, but one thing I did add was a drop down menu for all of my labeled posts. This way instead of having just a loooooong list of labels in my sidebar, they are now condensed, all nice and neatly, in one drop down bar.
You might have also seen my new mug'. I figured since my blog was getting a fresh new makeover, I mine as well add a new photo of myself, that and the other one was getting a little old.
Of course a blog just isn't a blog without a cool button!
Last but not least.... a new name. New domain name that is. Like with my idea of the photo, I figured I needed a fresh look in the 'address' department also and so I caved and added myself a permanent address on the www and I needed to give my new address some curb appeal so I added that there little flavicon.
So there you have it folks. My new, improved and totally redesigned [sounds like a car commercial huh?] blog. I have had my blog for almost a year and since than I have been really asking myself 'What is my blog about?'. For the longest I thought it was DIY seeing as how we recently bought our first home, however with time constraints, we realized that we actually don't get to DIY as much as we anticipated.... or as I anticipated.
With the redesigning of this blog, the thought of where I was taking this came to me and I realize now that I mainly want my blog to be about creativity. Not necessarily in the form of one specific thing but all aspects of creativity. My house/projects, decor, my art, crafts and maybe even from time to time adding in a little of my adorable little J-man. I basically don't want to make this blog be about one specific thing. If I did than there wouldn't be much for me to blog about, but in the big scheme of things, there is so much for me to blog about :)







LOVE THE DESIGN! Holy smokes. So cute, girl! Fresh and You! (: You're amazing
ReplyDeleteI love your new look. So fresh and pretty.
ReplyDeleteI a so LUVING this new look! Fresh, simple and pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove your design. Just found your blog and I'm loving it!
ReplyDeleteShut the front door. You did the blog design by yourself??? It looks INCREDIBLE, girl!!
ReplyDeleteI love the new header. Super cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you did it yourself. You get a gold star.
Your header is looking mighty fancy!! Good work!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on your last paragraph. Writing a "DIY blog" is hard. There are only so many hours in a day!! That's why mine has turned into more a "life blog" as well!