May 22, 2011

One weed at a time - Part II

I'm back after a week of me not being at my computer [booo]. This time for another installment of some serious outdoor landscape stuffs. There is one corner of our yard, to the right of the patio, by the road, that I really like but has bugged me. Could never really put my finger on it [or get off my butt and do something about it... meh], but there was just something bothering me about that corner.


Here is the specific corner I am talking about. See? It has tons of potential but it's just so -blah-


Of course I decided to take photos after I raked up all the debris [geeez]. But you can still see the total blah factor of this space.


Pool and doggy view.

Well after a few hours of some serious back - breaking labor, we cleaned up this little area to get it ready for some ideas we have brewing for what we want this specific corner to look like.

I keep saying we but who am I kidding... I totally mean ME... Well Josh will concur but he was busy trying to start the wall-area for the doors to go up on the 'garage' [turning our carport into a 2-car garage].


The day, luckily, got a lot nicer. The clouds went away and the sun came out... which I guess being in Florida that can be a good thing or a bad thing. Anyways here is what we have now.


I know it probly doesn't look like much but trust me. I have massive blisters on my fingers to prove it [and to think I even wore gloves!].


There were a lot more weeds and vines in this area than meets the eye and of course I had to dig up -once again- more random gravel [seriously... this is getting old]. I also transplanted some bushes that were out in the middle, over to the corner with the larger tree you see in the photo [which btw is a Plum tree :) ]

So what's the plan stan?


To give it a curve-y bed style with fresh mulch and lots of pretty and colorful flowers. I think once it's all said and done it will really liven that area up. Even though that part of the yard has lots of sand and almost no grass what so ever, I think the new flower bed will help out a lot... at least until we get some grass planted over around that area.

-If your wondering what that little 'storage' part is in the landscape photo. That is the little shed/house that the pool pump is currently residing in. You don't see it in any of the photos because I purposely stood out of the way. Seriously... it looks trashy and that thing is next on our list to get a 'make-over'. 

So that's what we've been up to today. I've been sick so it's been really nice to finally get out and get some fresh air. Hope you-all are having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be great. I love curved garden beds.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)