Tonight as we were outside soaking in the last bits of sun after a long hard day at work, I decided to take a little 'walk through' of our yard, just to get a glimpse of what's slowly creeping upon us. Anyone care to take a guess as to what that 'creep' might be?
Spring!! ... But we all know there is absolutely nothing creepy about Spring. It's just awesome. To me it's like the 'birth' of a new year. Even though technically the new year obviously started on January 1, when Spring rolls around, there is just something about all of the fresh, new plants sprouting from the ground. The buds of leaves thickening each day, ready to pop open and bloom in all their glory and you can even sense it in the animals. I always seem to hear an abundance of birds chirping, singing and whistling about, where as in the winter it's definitely a mellow tone all around.
Let's start with Grass. Well... whatever that is. I will say after the rain we had last week the grass overall is starting to come out of it's dormant living, but there is this one large patch [seriously... it's like a patch] under the large, old oak tree in the front yard, that sprouts these thick green grass looking things. They don't have any flowers because last Summer there were times where the lawn went 'un-mowed' for um, longer than I care to admit, and they just grew like the rest of the grass, without a flower in sight.
I'm so happy to see that my little annuals that I planted in the front beds are now back again this year. I for sure thought they would have dried up over the Winter like most annuals but overall they continued to stay green, but over the past few weeks they have gotten bigger and now flowers are blooming. They have almost quadrupled in size from when I originally planted them last year.
Okay this might not be the 'Sign of Spring' I particularly want to see, however seeing the fire ant mounds pop up along the road and our walkway are a sure sign that warmer weather is officially here and Spring is a stones throw a way.... BUT... sadly for these pesky things, they might not be around to enjoy the 'homecoming' that is Spring. ;)
The junkyard is in full operation again ;)
There's that Winter's End sunset. This time of year our sunsets are always so colorful. Pink, Orange, Yellow and Purple. It's like it's a sign of what's to come... Color, and lots of it :)
Lasty... These. I don't know what they are but I am anxiously awaiting to see what pops out. They are in the flower beds we made last Summer in the front of the house but where they are growing, nothing grew there last year and also didn't plant anything there either. The only things we planted in the beds last year were bushes and annuals.... These are not annuals, that much I know but I am completely stumped... Do you have any idea what they might be? How they might have randomly gotten there? And are you excited about Springs arrival just as much as I am?!
Oh yes. I love this time of year! In South Florida we've had warm weather for a while already but there's nothing like blooming flowers.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures and blog! I have been reading some of your past posts, your son is adorable! Glad I found your blog excited to be a new follower! Looks like we have alot in common with our boys, and love for cooking and design! xoxo
ReplyDeletehttp://designerbagsanddirtydiapers.blogspot.com
I'm so excited for Spring too. Although I live in Phoenix, so we don't have much of a winter to begin with...
ReplyDeleteOh! Fun. I love seeing new blooms poppin up!
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for spring! I think the last picture is tulips or daffodils.
ReplyDeletehaha your title totally made me laugh :) spring is in the air...
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pics, and I love the color on that piece!
ReplyDelete