March 7, 2011

I've been Framed... Again!

I tried to get a few things done today to close out the weekend with some kind of accomplishment. As you saw in my last post, I worked on transforming an old industrial style paper towel holder into a fabric scrap bin. Tonight aside from painting on some projects and working on some graphic designs for my very neglected Etsy shop [sad face], I also worked on adding some more frames to the wall in the office. In my 'in the process' reading nook.


Here is what it looked like previously. It all started with on photo that was already on the wall. It was a graphic I made in PS for... the FALL. So it had to come down.


While most of the same things stayed, as you can see I added another row on top to fill in that wall 'more'.


Some new additions include this printed flower I scored from Vintage Printable.


Some vintage Nikon Camera's and a vintage Brookfield Zoo picture [Is that really a Zoo ya think?].


I also added Family crests in the top left, a small frame with some pretty scrapbook paper, an even smaller frame with just the date Josh and I *Met* [I all 'firsts' seriously..... seriously], and a photo from our trip to Fort Pickens.

I'm looking forward to when our office is complete. I've been searching online for some inspiration and the first thing to go/change are our desks. I hope to pair them on the long wall, back to back, that way the rest of the room by the window will be open. Paint of course, take the ceiling fan down and put a nice ceiling light up, a rug and a more 'comfy' chair for my reading nook.

How often do you change out photos on your wall? Do you have a habit of leaving them up for a long time or do you change them our regularly?

10 comments:

  1. I love the frames. I have a set of frames in my family room and I change the pictures of my nieces and nephews about once a year. I intended on doing it more often, but you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, your blog looks great. So fresh and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It looks so much better since you added the extra row. I have a habit of leaving the same pictures in forever. Mostly because I am too lazy to change them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection! I have actually started using "photo shelves" (which I found at IKEA). They are great because I can swap out the frames on them any time I want..quickly and easily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm constantly changing things! Love the picture wall. And I love your new header, too! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog girl! You´re lovely !

    http://mirelamededovic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo wall. I am not really big on changing my home furnishings at all. I get new things occasionally but most of the old things stay the same.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooweee! LOVE those frames! I FINALLLY ordered the pictures I need to finish filling all my wall frames... Im SO bad at keeping them updated, or even filled for that matter! ha

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)