But in the mean time my mind has been wandering off to other pretty things.One being the Dining room. Today on my lunch break I decided to take a trip to TJ Maxx and check out their Spring goods. I was head over heels for all of the pretty colors but two items in particular kept my eye craving more.
This large-fat flower pot was the perfect shade of green. It has these white flowers all around it with orange centers.
Which paired perfectly with this 4x6 quatrefoil frame.
The pot was $7.99 which I plan to use as a center piece for the dining table [with some nice flowers inside] and the frame [$5.99] is the start of some much needed color in the dining room [along with some more fun frames and pictures].
These two items are the start of something fun in the Dining room, and for the walls I was thinking some sort of blue. Not a harsh or dark blue... but something blue.
Something along the lines of Pitter Patter from Olympic. Overall im going with something fun, a little modern and 'friendly' for the dining room. I want a space that's just, well, fun to hang out in without feeling to 'traditional'.
Yum. I'm really diggin' this color thing lately. Don't get me wrong. There will be white within the room, but the pops of color? Yes please!


oh my! this is wonderful! so spacious! too cute!
ReplyDelete-karly
www.karpluswade.blogspot.com
Ooh! Cute finds! I am going to have to become a Target stalker myself! I love that vintage furniture in the dining room!
ReplyDeleteYou must find something to spray paint to join my party Friday. I love that dining room! Cute vase and picture frame too.
ReplyDeleteLOVE these colors. So amazing.
ReplyDeletex
Love your finds. I'm really feeling orange an turquoise lately.
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of all those orange frames! TJ Maxx is the best for picture frames and decorative items. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love your source photos - the colors are so bright and fresh. Just in time for spring!
ReplyDeleteYes! Loving the color! I have that gallery wall with peach frames in my inspiration folder. Just love that idea!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to die. I finished up a mood board last night with that last color palatte as the inspiration. Seriously!!! Will post soon... maybe tomorrow?! : )
ReplyDeletePS. So glad I'm not the only one with master bath lagggg!!! It's tough work!!
And by die I meant you will be really surprised. Just re-read that and it sounds kind of bad. You are going to die of surprise! Or maybe not because we tend to think alike a lot! Ok I'll stop rambling now.... : )
ReplyDeleteLove the orange. Love the light blue. It's all just lovely together. I've been trying to find a way to bring some orange into my life.
ReplyDelete(Have you seen the Master at Russet Street reno. These colors look gorgeous in there.)
Love that frame and that pot. The color combo is fab!
ReplyDeletetotally love the color combos. absolutely makes me wish summer was hear...NOW. ;)
ReplyDeletehope you have a great weekend