February 22, 2011

Feeling a little Vintage

As you may or may not know, I have this little obsession with all things glass. Glass bottles. Glass Jars... glass, glass, glass. Colorful glass. Shapely glass. Textured Glass... I just love it. We drink wine in our house [sometimes... although a nice glass of wine and my 'Water For Elephants' book, in the jet tub sounds about nice right now] and I keep all of the leftover glass wine bottles. Most of them are clear glass and a few have color to them [blue glass and one is a dark green glass]. Tomato sauce jars? Yep... I keep those too. Mainly for holding my pencils, paint brushes... etc.

Lately I have had this thing with vintage glass pieces. Whether they be simple hollow glass 'bowls' or candle holders.. all in all the vintage glass is right up there on my list of obsessed glassware's.


This weekend while in town we stopped at one of the large Antique Malls/Indoor Flea-Market. This place is huge and you can seriously get lost inside because there is so much stuff and all of the walkways are so narrow and just zig-zag and circle all around to each room. 

The prices are fairly good, considering 99% of the stuff sold is Antique/old/Vintage. 


And in my little treasure hunt of all things glass I came across the orange and blue glass 'jars' [the pink one was bought elsewhere... more on that later]. 


They did have some fabulous old Mason Jars which totally gave me the warm fuzzies, but I just can't see paying 20-30 bucks for a glass jar... $2.99 however is more up my alley. This little orange one was just that. $2.99. I'm not sure how old it is and I don't see any 'stamp' on the glass. I'm assuming it's original purpose was a candle holder because the bottom is hollow. 


I really loved this little blue one [which I believe is a candle holder]. It has Vintagy looking flowers on it and hello... it's blue. I <3 me some blue. 


Best of all whenever I am preparing dinner or washing the dishes my rings have a little safe haven now... not that the window sill wasn't 'safe' but now they are away from any of the dish-washing 'elements'. 


They fit perfectly in the little blue jar and my fingers can reach in comfortably. No worries of having a vintage candle holder stick to sausage fingers... that would just be bad but what wasn't bad was that this little blue jar was $1.99. Zing!


The pink one you see isn't old... although it looks old. I was in Big Lots this weekend in search of some wrapping paper and of course I couldn't pass up strolling through the entire store, marveling at all of the cheap-goody-made in China-madness. I came across some little candle holders that screamed 'Vintage' and they were only 99-cents, so I figured the light pink one would pair well with Orange and Mr. Blue. -Don't mind the sad plant either... I have had that thing for a year and it just will not grow! :(

So there is the start of my vintage glass jar collection. It's about time I step away from the Wine bottles and Barilla sauce jars. I mean guests will start to wonder... No one likes a Saucy Lush. 

Do you like Vintage glass? Or anything Vintage? Or... anything glass? [They go hand in hand of course]

18 comments:

  1. I'm a major milk glass fan (the real stuff not the fake). But I have a ton of the old ball jars around the house too.

    Garage sales my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling. I have almost the same Claddagh ring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those...so pretty! Pretty rings too, glad they are save now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are all so pretty. I love them on the window sill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I should probably take my rings off when I clean and do dishes, but I never remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all great finds. That little pink one is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oohh as soon as I saw the last picture, I was in love! and your rings are beautiful!
    Have a great night!
    =D
    ~Morgan
    http://livelaughspin.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/YoungPowerhouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage glass is beautiful. My favorite thing vintage probably has to be Harper's Bazaar magazine covers & barbie prints. They add such a feminine touch to any room. Love your fabulous blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My vintage thing is Fire King Peach Lustre dishes. I collect canning jars too, but I use them for canning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love vintage everything. It has so much personality and it is neat to think of where it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all glass...just ask my mom. It was always a fight walking through the dishes/home section of Macy's when I was little. I wanted to touch it all! Hehe (: Great idea to have those there to put your rings in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything and anything vintage! I actually have cups very similar to those ( identical to the green cup in the very first photo)..I got them from Pier 1 about 2 years ago and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, I love these glasses. All so pretty but the blue is my favourite! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your finds, so pretty! I love vintage glass as they remind me of my grandmother. I really need to get better about taking off my rings :) Whenever I have my wedding ring cleaned they look at me like ewwwww.....:)
    XOXO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Kasey...LOVE your Claddagh ring! I have never seen one with a pink stone. Good idea to take off your rings...they stay alot cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I share your love of vintage glass! I have mason jars for storage in my home office. I also found really cute soap pumps made of mason jars in Etsy, which I have in my kitchen.
    Great post!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xx
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely adore vintage glass. When my great grandma passed away I was given a lot of her beautiful vintage glass pieces. They are absolutely timeless. I am your newest follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. love vintage glass. love that you have a window above your sink. love your house:):)
    <3,
    Adri
    www.dreambookdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)