January 13, 2011

Wear your inspiration

Do you ever just browse through home decor magazines or click through blog after blog to gain any kind of inspiration for decor in your own home? Well of course you do... we all do. Not only do I browse to gain inspiration for the rooms in my home, but I also just overall enjoy ooh-ing and ahh-ing over other peoples digs.

But one thing that has really caught my eye, as far as inspiration is concerned, is the very textiles in my own home. -Clothing in particular.

As you know, before we started demo-ing our master bathroom, I had been slowly working on our Master Bedroom. But because of the recent changes coming with the master bath, the decor and overall design of the bedroom has been put on hold [mainly because I don't want to go and buy all these nice new things, only for them to become dusty, dirty or the chance of them becoming damaged from walking in and out on a constant basis when re-doing the bathroom]. However that has not stopped me from gathering inspiration for not only the bathroom, but the bedroom and the entire space as a whole.

I guess I like to plan ahead a bit [and it's fun :-P ] and knowing the colors and design I am going for, will make it easier when starting the whole [final] process of bringing the rooms together.

Anyways enough of the babble... now on to the fun part [Pictures!] and of course the main point of this post. -Color inspiration.


See this here is my most favorite coat. It's my 'HERE I AM' Peacoat. Everywhere I go people ask where I got the coat and how bright and 'fun' it is. Well one day I was in the bedroom folding laundry and happened to be looking ever so gazingly at my closet. I was in some sort of daze, staring at this coat [it's that powerful]. Than it hit me... I put two and two together. Wall color + Peacoat = Awesomness.

Our wall color is Valspar - Stone Partition and my coat is well... pretty self explanatory - yellow. I think that may be another reason why I am on this weird obsessed with all things yellow, kick. And it just so happened that this shade of yellow goes ever so graciously with Stone Partition.

So with the help of my coat [of all things...] I have come up with two mood boards for not only the bedroom, but also the bathroom.


First the bedroom. I have chosen a white comforter/duvet. I plan on adding pops of color with throw pillows. Mainly in shades of blue, gray, yellow and little bits greens and reds. I had originally bought this lamp, seen in this post however after combining all the colors I think some type of stacked crystal lamp will look better.

For the bathroom I wanted to bring in some of the same color scheme as in the bedroom [since they flow together]. You might remember my original tile scheme ideas in this post where I talked about either adding some marble tile with the white subway tile or some type of glass tile border with the white subway tile. However after some more thought, more research and of course bringing these colors together, I have decided to use a light gray glass tile for the floor of the shower and leaving the wall to ceiling in the white subway tile.

So there is the entire inspiration and plan for the Master bedroom and Master bathroom. All thanks to my lovely little peacoat. Thank you peacoat. Not only do you keep me warm but you help me decide on co-ordinating colors!

Oh and just to show you that I am real...


I know... I really do need to start wearing my hair down more...

So... Thoughts? Should I add in anymore colors? Should I buy another peacoat to help me in deciding some colors for the rest of the house? Ha!

17 comments:

  1. Love the coat and the color! Great post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove gray...and it does look really good with the yellow. I say add in touches of green. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't add any additional colors, I like how soothing both look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are perfect. My favorite combination is gray and yellow. I love the touch of blue. By the way, I love that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜

    Thanks Debbie! The coat sure keeps me really warm in these extremely cold temps! :)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mimi

    Thanks! :)

    I have a Nikon D40. I have had it for almost 3yrs now. Can't wait to upgrade to the D3000! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are fantastic. I just looked at that rug for here. I am always a fan of yellow and gray together. Looking good my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your coat. You're adorable. Pea coats are my fav (: And the inspiration images are great! So funny...lots of posts on color going around today. And this post reminds me of Emily Henderson's show where she designs around people's outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute in your yellow coat! Love the rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Lord. I LOVE THE COLOR COMBO. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Courtney {a thoughtful place}

    I think yellow and gray are my new favorite colors! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Michaela

    I know right!? I am seeing 'pops of color' posts all over blog-land... Im wondering if it's just little bouts of Spring Fever perhaps? Whichever the case, I am loving it! :)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Kim @ NewlyWoodwards

    Thanks!! I can't wait till everything in the bathroom is done so I can start putting items together :)

    Have a great weekend!

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  14. The grey and yellow looks fabulous together!! And this is why I may need to hire a decorator once we finally have a more 'permanent' place . . . these awesome color combos would never occur to me. I love the pops of turquoise/blue as well. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfection! Grey and yellow is one of my all time favorite color combination (And, funny enough, exactly what I posted today! Haha) It's amazing when you just get that jolt of inspiration, isn't it?
    ---
    Jessica
    Style Obsession
    Win a $25 gift certificate to ShoeClips.biz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. White Grey and Yellow are perfect!!

    And yes I want your pea coat!!!

    BTW I LOVE that duvet... I almost bought one but non the less liked another better.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog and I'm your newest follower. I was going through your older posts and when I saw your bedroom mood board I knew I had to comment. I LOVE it! Those are pretty much the same colors I'm planning to use in my bedroom.

    BTW I love your blog! I can't wait to go back through the rest of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)