I was thrilled when I came home from work today to see that progress has been made on the shower. The entire project as a whole, is moving a lot faster than I had originally thought it would. I actually gave myself a deadline of 'Finished by Fall of 2011'... I know, loooong ways away but hey, it's our first 'Reno' project so im not really sure how much time these things take!
Josh came home a bit early from work and on his way home he stopped at Lowes to pick up a few things for the electrical portion of the shower reno. We decided to go with only two recessed lights because like many of you had mentioned... they are pretty bright and four would have been a bit to much. I don't want to feel like there is a spotlight on me while in the shower... because that would just be straight up scary [;)].
You might remember, this is where we left off. The remainder of the plywood that was above the sheet-rock and one single wire hanging down, that was once attached to a interior *Hallway* light fixture [I cringe every time].
And now... Two *approved* recessed shower lights, complete with [almost] finished ceiling.
Viola!!!! With the flip of a switch we have instant brightness.
I love how much light these two small recessed lights give off.
Even though we have no tile up yet, I can already picture how well the light will bounce off the white subway tiles and the powder blue glass tiles. I would be lying if I said I was not extremely, totally and utterly [haha I said utterly] excited to take a shower in there and when I do take a shower in there, I am going to take a shower so long that we run out of hot water ha!
So there is the progress thus far on the Master Bathroom shower - Reno. This weekend we hope to start working on the floor and at least get the pan and the 'mud' down and than once that's done, finish the plumbing and than tile tile tile!!!
I bet it feels so good to be that close to the "pretty" stuff! So the real question is are you going to sleep in there the first night it is complete?
ReplyDelete@Kendra @ House of Ficek
ReplyDeleteYou know... I just might do that. I can turn it into my own little 'space' haha.
It's coming along nicely Kasey!
ReplyDeleteLet there be light....something so simple but so important. It will be AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers~
e
I love seeing progress like this - very exciting!
ReplyDeleteLook at you two go!
ReplyDeleteMad props to Josh :)
@⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie! :)
Wow! What a big job! Can't wait to see the end result! Thanks for stopping by today!
ReplyDeleteHey there. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Just wanted you to know I'm a new follower! I'll be back. Can't wait to see the transformation.
ReplyDeleteThanks again,
Wendy
Yay! It's going to look so good!
ReplyDeletegirlfriend, are you getting so excited? im excited to follow your blog and start catching up on your posts!
ReplyDelete-karly
www.karpluswade.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh! Love the lighting. I bet it feels great to be making some wonderful progress!
ReplyDeleteThat's a big progress guys. You will have it done earlier than fall! :) Looks great!
ReplyDeleteyour blog is awesome! glad the renovation is coming along! come enter our giveaway - we're southern too!
ReplyDelete