November 11, 2010

Cheap like a $2-Dolla....

I have finally found the 3 main colors that will be the 'theme' of this years Christmas Tree. Years before I have always been the one to buy a bunch of random plastic Christmas Balls, plastic ornaments made up of penguins, gingerbread cookies and coca-cola santa's, and just kind of thrown them about the tree in one giant ornament explosion.

Nothing wrong with that but this year my friends.... THIS YEAR is a very special year for us over here at La-Casa de M. -I know your just busting at the seams wondering what could be so special about this year right!?

And no... im not making any kind of 'Pregnancy Announcement' [you would be surprised how many people's eyes light up whenever the words 'Guess what!?' pop out of my mouth... 'YOUR PREGGO!'... no..... at least I hope not ha!]

No... this year my Parents and my Sister and nephews are coming down here to spend Christmas. The whole entire family! As you could have guessed in my last post and 'taken a hint' of our life... I haven't seen my family a whole lot. My sister alone I have only seen once in the past 10yrs. She was serving in the Navy and me being in the Air Force, we have always been worlds apart. The last time I saw my 9YR OLD NEPHEW was when he was 3 [ sad-face ]. I also have a 2.5yr old nephew [who I have not met yet].

So that my friends is why this Christmas is very special for us. Especially for me. I have been away from my family for so many years that when we do see each other we cherish those moments because they are gone before you know it and who knows when the next time our lives will bring us together again...

Okay enough of the family-mushiness. On with the original point of this post [I tend to get scatter brained sometimes. Today is Thursday and because we are off from work I keep thinking it's Saturday... oy...].


Blue. A nice soft blue. Not to dark and not to light. I love the shape of this. It's almost like a snowflake made sweet love to a flower. Doesn't it!?


Nice soft golds. Not to bling-bling-idy, just right. This is a flower of some sort with a smaller flower in the center.


Silvers. You can't have a Christmas without silver. especially for me... It reminds me of snow. I'm one of the few human beings in the world that actually like snow. Sucky for me I live in Florida... but I grew up in New England and this little silver gem reminds me of a cold-brisk Christmas day. Snow on the ground beaming sparkles from the sun all over the place. Beautiful.



Want to know the best part? I got these little beauties at the Dollar Tree. FOR $1.00 each. I'm tellin' ya... the DT is coming up with the times. Their selection for Christmas decor seems to get larger and larger every year and their colors this year are pretty much 'night and day' compared to what they have had previous years.

Don't be hatin' on the DT either. With a 2yr old running around [and with another 2yr old joining the ranks this Christmas with the major family visit] I can't afford to go and buy expensive decorative ornaments C/O Martha Stewart and Hallmark.

I learned my lesson when Josh and I owned 2 cats [before we had children]. I won't even get into specifics but put two young cats [brothers], Christmas lights, dangly [haha dangly] things and a frilly, pokey, fuzy tree and well... you do the math.

So how bout you? What is your color theme this year? [assuming you are weird like me and obsess about color themes].

PSSST -- Don't forget to head over to this post to enter for a chance to win a $35.00 Gift Card to CSN Stores. Deadline is Monday 11:59PM EST.

10 comments:

  1. I'm fairly obsessed with Dollar Tree. I've had great luck with holidays things from there - fall, too. But, I've learned that you must get there early to get the good selection. Stuff gets picked over.

    Looks like you found some amazing finds. Can't wait to see your decorationgs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose. Our tree has aqua, red, brown and of course gold and silver! I usually hit up Hobby Lobby for my decor because they have these HUGE GLITTER BALLS that I love on my tree. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you've chosen! I'm a silver fan, too. HOw exciting your family is coming...should be a wonderful time to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim- That may be the reason why seasons past they have had 'shotty' selections. Ive always gone to check them out about a week or two before Christmas lol.

    Sara- Oh I Love [with a serious capital L] Hobby Lobby! We went there a couple weekends ago when they were just starting to put out their Christmas decor and wow... I was so excited! I might have to take a trip their sometime soon [their about an hour away so we can't go all the time, booo!].

    Thanks Michaela! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colors, and I am one of the few that love snow...eh? I grew up in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O wow! These are so pretty! I can't wait to see the tree. On a different note, I am so happy you get to share the holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderful to be with the whole family. My sister is moving close to us and I am so thrilled. Love the color scheme. I need to take a look over there and get some goodies for myself. I like going there because I view it as a treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is like a treasure hunt, that's for sure! And the fact that everything is a dollar makes it even more exciting lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice colors, Kasey! I love our Dollar Stores too. They are great places to get stocking stuffers for little kids who won't care if it's a "cool enough" toy.

    My colors are red and gold this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't do colors but yours are lovely. And Dollar Tree ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)