It all started when we decided to make a run to the 'Rescue Mission' this morning [The Rescue Mission is... well, think Goodwill... minus the zip-lock bag of Maxi-Pads]. I have been wanting a console table/sofa table/hall table... whatever it is you want to call it, for the entry way, under the mirror. I have been eying some online for quite some time now but have not committed to paying full price for something that, in the end, will be nothing but a bunch of Wal-Mart inspired pressed board. I have been on the hunt for that special piece in need of just a bit of TLC.
A hall table I sadly did not find on this mornings trip, however something else caught my eye. They had it stuffed in the back, WAY out of view from any regular shoppers [I just knew it was meant for me].
Isn't there something just special about a brushed nickel lamp? It screams sophistication yet brings the room that added character and extra warmth. The lamps you see in the inspiration photo above are from Pottery Barn [because of course when you think of brushed nickel lamp you automatically think of the P to the B]. They are regular price $119.00 but are on special for $95.00.
In my humble opinion I honestly don't see the sense in spending almost 100-buckeroo's on a simple lamp. Granted the thing is beautiful but so is that $100.00 sitting in my wallet. I am always on the look out for some similar versions or steals of my own for dollars and sometimes even hundreds less.
This may not be the exact lamp that is in the PB Photo however it was 'inspiration' and that is all that matters. When we rounded' the corner and I saw that shiny brushed nickel shine in my perifial I instantly became a 'Moth to the Flame'. I ran over and without even thinking about looking at the price I snatched that baby up before any of the 3 other customers in the store could. Then of course after my adrenaline came back down to normal level and was finally able to compose myself, I looked at the price.
DO-YOU-SEE-THAT!! My adrenaline quickly spiked up as I skipped down the isle giggling with nothing but excited glee [okay I made that part up..... a little bit]. $5.00 dollars. Cinco Dinero. 500 Pennies people!
Five Dollars and Zero cents!
Of course when we came home I did some research to find out what this Lamp really is. My findings made me even more giddy inside.
Ya... I know, RIGHT!?
Overall I don't see any major defects to the lamp. After spending only $5.00, I than tried to debunk the fact that is was only 5-bucks. I thought well 'Maybe it doesn't work', which Josh and I both knew that could be such an easy fix and in the end $5.00 was still a major steal!
Not sure if the side table will be it's permanent home but I was so stoked to score this pure awesomeness. I just HAD to showcase it somewhere, so for right now it's sitting happily and proudly on the side table by the sofa.
So, what do you think? Have you found any awesome steals lately? -So awesome you get down with the giddy-ness just as much as I do? -Oh do tell.

What a find!! I love that lamp, I would have snatched it up too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!
Londen
Awesome deal! I like the style of those lamps and you saved so much!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this lamp. You found such a great deal. I've never found a lamp that appealed to me while thrifting, but this is just an awesome find. I actually like the shape better than the PB version.
ReplyDeleteAnd, honestly, who spends that much on a lamp?
ReplyDeleteOMG I honestly almost bought that owl.. in yellow...
ReplyDeleteMacayla went for a white little one instead (it was her choice between the two)
I'm so excited for fall/halloween!!!
-BTW tell that yucky summer weather to leave for me please.. it's not listening-
Your $5 lamp is perfect! It bugs me how much lamps cost ... I'm with you on finding them at thrift stores!
ReplyDelete