This weekend has been such a productive weekend. Although I felt like I dragged butt the whole two day break, overall I did get a lot of projects accomplished.
Let’s see… I went out to Wally-world in search of some inspiration for some new curtains for the living room. As you may or may not know, the ones that were up there were the sheer white which look good but since Fall is here they just seemed so ‘Summer’ if that makes sense. Long story short I bought some 100% cotton white king sized sheets and made some pretty snazzy curtains. Granted their still white but you will see in the next few days what I’m talking about when I put the post up about them.
Hmmm… Oh yes, spent all morning painting a nice modern-tree on Jayden’s bedroom wall, complete with cute little Owl [more to come on that this week also].
But right now I want to share a quick and easy piece of Fall art to showcase anywhere in your home. The only materials required are Photoshop, Photo paper and a frame.
I happened to be sitting at my desk smelling the nice Autumn Candle over on the book shelf. Ive had this candle for almost 2yrs now [I know, seriously]. As I sit here staring at the candle it dawned on me what to do next.
Do you see what I see? Do you see the Inspiration!? Of course if it weren't for the computer screen you could probly even smell the inspiration also. And boy does it smell good. Makes me want Pie. -Pumpkin Pie to be exact. Yum.
So I opened up my other half [Photoshop and I are practically attached at the hip]. And quickly got to work on the very idea that the nice smelling Autumn candle gave my creative brain.
Word Vomit.
Pretty word vomit though.
So after the work was done I really didn't have a specific spot to place the frame so for right now it's sitting in the corner of the counter along with an empty vase and a pumpkin smelling candle. :)
And just because we are on the topic of Fall, here are a few things throughout the house that I have set up to give our home a bit of Autumn Flair without going totally overboard on mainstream Target display-decor.
Well kids I hope you enjoyed the quick and easy [half asked] tutorial of some nice pretty-Fallish word art via Yankee Candle and a quick look around at a few of our Autumn items we have put out for some simple fall feel.
Stay tuned for Jayden's room reveal and also the new living room, floor draped curtains :)
Stay tuned for Jayden's room reveal and also the new living room, floor draped curtains :)
How was your weekend?


I so meant to get the box o' fall out this weekend. But somehow that failed. There is always tomorrow right? I love that "word vomit"! How creative and fun!
ReplyDeleteMMM....I can smell the scent from here. That is such a cute little inspiration sign...
ReplyDeleteFYI every other Wed I have a before and after party. It is a small quaint group that join me and you will be sure to meet some new gals. I see you are new to blogging and having a good time. Would love to have ya! Also every Friday I have a thrifting party....
I'm so impressed that you're photoshop savy! How did you learn? It feels so overwhelming to me!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by ladies! :)
ReplyDeleteDebbie- Thanks! I will definetly check it out for sure!
Megan- Lots and lots of tutorials! lol. I would just Google photoshop tutorials and than just go through all kinds of 'examples' and eventually I started learning. Photoshop is so broad though and there are still a bajillion things I [don't] know.
Looks wonderful and I so wish I could photoshop too.
ReplyDeleteSo you have me motivated. I NEED to master photoshop. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun, simple look that doesn't take a lot of money or a lot of space in the off season. My kind of project.
Pam
mmm.... I love that scent, and what a great piece of word art for the fall. Everything looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!
ReplyDeleteAnd Photoshop is so easy! ...and SO addicting :)