Anyways today Josh decided to take a vacation day off from work to get some stuff done like bringing the pile of bricks from the 80's style-retro light posts by the pool, to the dump. $20.00 fee later and the pile is gone [thank goodness because I hate piles of random crapola around the yard!]. Josh and I text frequently throughout work [Shhhhh don't tell anyone] and today he sent me a text that said he was working on a surprise for us. I have just been so out of it lately, not to mention my brain is recuperating from last week's funkiness AND chilling out from my exam I had today in class... SO... I had NO idea what it could be. So I simply asked him and he
I totally give Josh 100% credit for this one. I had never even thought about this. Even when we were designing and building the wall-length desk/shelf unit in that room, it never once occurred to me to change the closet up in that room. He is just that good!
So not to bore you with more details of all kinds of things pertaining to that closet [remember I said I like to be technical when explaining myself], here is the almighty closet.
*Drum Roll*
If your wondering what it looked like before, basically it was just a top shelf with a pole underneath it to hang stuff on. Josh took the original old shelf [which was made up of two boards] and re-used them for the top two shelves and the bottom two he used some extra wood we already had.
I'm thinking of replacing the ugly blue tub and u-haul box with some large baskets [I don't even know what's in them]. The two cream baskets you see on the shelf we bought at Target and I may just head back to buy two more to put on the shelf above that one.
We also bought these at Target on sale for $6.00 a piece and I will probly buy two more also to put on the very top shelf, to have 4 of each kind of storage basket.
Josh still has to put a middle shelf where you see that large gap. He ran out of boards so it will have to wait until the weekend. As you can see the wall need's a nice coat of paint which also started to get my brain functioning again with ideas.
Stripes. Thoughts?
I was thinking horizontal stripes [color yet to be decided but it will be a nice neutral/calm shade]. I have seen a lot of painted wall stripes across Blog land and have really been digging them lately. My only problem is, is that I don't want to commit to a large wall with stripes and than end up hating it, so why not a closet right? ....but than one last opinion...
Door? Should we leave the door or remove it and expose the [finished and painted] wall?


No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)