March 25, 2012

Lovely Spring weekends

The end of the weekend is coming to a close and what a great weekend it was. I love this time of year, Not just because it's Spring {here in FL we really don't get much of a 'winter'..} but because the days are longer and there is just something special in the air. It obviously doesn't have a certain smell but yet in a way you just smell it.


We spent about 98% of the weekend outside. It was perfect. As in no humidity to speak of this weekend. Warm dry air? Yes please!


J is on this new kick of rescuing beetles out of the pool. Here you see him loading said beetles into his little tractor. Then he brings them over to one of the oak tree's. I guess that's where the beetle hospital is? I have officially dubbed him beetletarian ..{get it? instead of HUMANitarian, BEETLEtarian heh}.


Had some friends over, steaks on the grill, roasted red potatoes and good conversation. Awesome.


I also painted my toes in one of my new essie colors. It's not from the Spring 2012 collection but I was feeling a bit bold so I went with 'No more Film'. I did buy one of the new colors for Spring 2012 though, the 'Ole Caliente' and I can't wait to try it. {yes I have chubby toes, always have, always will. I have my Grandma's toes, for real lol!}.


We went and played mini golf. This was J's first time ever playing it. It was fun {and funny} to see him grab the ball and move it closer to the hole before tapping it in. Silly boy.


Then after 18 holes of mini golf we went out and ate on the water. Watched all the boats coming in and out and with each one passing I reminded Josh more and more of the many reasons why I 'think' we need a boat ;)


As this beautiful weekend comes to a close I am thankful for my family and the time we get to spend with each other. I cherish every moment of it. It makes me smile and fills my heart with warmth.

I am ready to face yet another busy work week head on. Going to make it to the gym every morning this weekend, even if that means I have to wake up at 4 in the morning. I already can't wait for next weekend. Can we say DATE-NIGHT! Oh yes we can because Josh and I are having a much needed date night. Just the two of us at one of our fav. places right on the water. How sweet it is!

Hope you all had a wonderful, fantastic weekend! :0)

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)