{{warning- crazy camera phone pics ahead}}
How was your weekend? I know it's Tuesday but we had a 3 day weekend so not-technically, it's Monday. Heh.
We had a pretty laid back weekend. Hung around the house, Josh worked on the shower some {more on that in bit, that's where I need your opinion} and also worked on the swing set {got the walls up and the framing on the roof up}. We did go out to our favorite eatery 'Callahans' on Saturday for lunch. They have the most awesomest sandwiches. I got me the Turkey club. Yum!
On Friday though I did walk in the door to find THESE....
Sitting on the counter. Lilie's!!! My favorite! What a perfect way to end the week. Love you Josh :0)
On Saturday night we watched 'the game'. As in Pats vs Broncos. And maybe it's just me but I really don't understand the whole hype about Tebow. Im sure he is a nice guy and all but sheeesh... I actually feel bad for him. The media swarmed him into a giant frenzy nation wide. It was like everyone now held him up to certain standards and expectations... but seriously. Coming face to face with Brady and winning? Not gonna happen.
Then again the Patriots are my team... as in my HOMEteam :0)
The next game will be even more intense, thats for sure!
Even though it sucks getting up super early and going into work {Gym first actually}, the one thing I look forward to on my way in are the sunrises.
{yes, that IS my A/C on, it was quite warm this morning}
The colors of the sunrise are just gorgeous in the mornings. This morning it was especially breath taking. The sky was a mix of dark blue, blue, yellow orange and pink. It was so pretty, and because it's so early, it was so quiet outside which just adds to the ambiance.
{yes I really did just say ambiance}
But anyways, in other note worthy news and something I haven't mentioned in awhile.... MASTER BATHROOM!!
Right now we have been working on the shower. That has been our focus and our only focus for that bathroom really. But today, after talking it over Josh and I both decided that we are getting rid of the shower all together. .......KIDDING!
No the shower is very much staying, but we are going to take the jet tub out.
I know, I know, might sound crazy... but our Master bathroom isn't that big to begin with. We would utilize extra storage {seeing as how that bathroom has zero storage right now anyways} and have two vanities instead of one, a lot more then the amount of times we use the tub. Not only that, we almost never use it in the Summer cause it's just to warm out and the last thing we want to do is soak in tub filled with hot water.
Do you see any storage in there? Nope. Cause there ain't none. {the shower is off to the left}. Even the vanity contains zero storage.
If we remove the tub, we will have that entire space to add a large double vanity with lots of storage!
We're not stopping there either. We're taking the floors up, and although I love hardwood... wood+water do not mix very well and it's evident already in some spots of the floor in there. We're going to put down a really nice modern light color tile. The toilet will stay there but as far as other details... are all yet to be determined. Lots of planning ahead to do!
SO I have been asking this question a lot today @ work and im asking you now. Would you rather have a master bathroom with lots of storage space, two vanities and a large walk in shower but NO tub -or- No storage space, one small vanity with a tub? {an added note, we will still have a tub in the 2nd bathroom, located in the hallway... tub/shower combo}.
-Also, keep in mind we have a big inground pool so if you really need a bath... just go jump on in! ;)






Get rid of the tub, you need storage! As long as there is one for bathing kiddos nearby, you're fine.
ReplyDeleteLose the tub! We have a jet tub in our master bath that we haven't even used! Just not really bath people I guess. Besides you have lots of other bathing options.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely Option #1! Especially since there is another tub in the house.
ReplyDeleteMost of the newer homes I have seen are ditching the tub. I hardly use mine...only during these freezing cold winter months...which you obviously don't have to deal with....Miss I have my AC on in the car in the morning...I almost stopped reading right then. :P
ReplyDeleteLOL! Oh yes and the AC was glorious! ;)
DeleteI'd say ditch the tub if you have another one. :-) -Marissa
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone, I think right now we are 99.999999999999% sure the tub is on it's way out! :0)
ReplyDeleteFirst, I love your flowers. Second, your air conditioner is cracking me up! We're under SNOW!!!
ReplyDeleteNow, I personally love the tub! I like to take baths. But my husband wants to remove the tub and put in a walk in shower also, so I think that as long as you have the tub in the other bathroom, I'd go for removing the tub. I always take my baths in the guest bathroom.
You have your work cut out for you!