November 3, 2011

Creamy House

I know, title sounds a little nasty but just keep reading. youll get it.

I decided to take today and tomorrow off from work, then it's back to normal {work} on Monday. yay.

I am currently sitting in bed with a large cup of coffee {2nd cup} and my laptop. Jayden is in the living room watching Winni the Pooh and playing with the dogs.

Oh yes I said dog{S} .... but I will update you on all of that at a later time, for now I want to talk about Thanksgiving.

I know it might be a bit early and all. heck who am I kidding. if Target is allowed to put out all of the Christmas decor before Halloween then I think its totally and socially acceptable to talk about Thanksgiving. in November no less.


This year will be extra special because we are hosting two Thanksgivings. Yes.. you read correctly. TWO. Of course the dinner on Thanksgiving day and the weekend before we will be hosting a dinner for some family. They don't get to come out this way that much but they really want to come this year. They had already made dinner plans for the actual Turkey day so we decided to have a dinner the weekend before so we can all spend some quality time and to get all the kids together.

So I have been painstakingly searching pinterest for ideas until my eyeballs dry out and my head is filled with nothing but all things brown, yellow, deep red, turkey and crannberry sauce.


I love the calm tones of this table setting and all of the randomly placed candles really make it more relaxing and laid back. I don't care for the deer antlers though. Bambi will not be gracing us with his presence this holiday season.



I love the different colors added into the traditional styles and colors that are normally used on Thanksgiving. like the green apples in the center of the table or the different colors in the pumpkins and gourds.


I also love the long box filled with pumpkins, candles and other Fall elements. I might do something like this but instead of using it as some sort of 'center piece', I will add them throughout our house to give it more warmth and coziness. I just want my house to scream FALL. Seriously.

I love this time of year. Its cold and the colors are rich and creamy and for crying out loud, I want my home to be creamy!

I also have a few other ideas that ive had my eye on for our creamy home.




im a weeee bit excited for this years Thanksgiving. Its extra special. some of the family has had a really tough year so im looking forward to them coming here and just hanging out, relaxing, putting their feet up and eating tons of yummy food.

Now to convince my Dad to fly down from Boston hehehe.

Picture sources - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)