August 3, 2011

Wine and Dine {Dining Room}

Not much has changed about the Dining room since the last time I posted about it. I took down a photo and hung up two white Target frames [which have to see some photos or some sort of art in them.... I know, im bad]. I took the photos and art that were on the shelf I made and replaced them with some more white frames. At least these have photos in them.


Still kind of bland I think, but definitely room for potential. As you can see I put 4 white frames [with photos] on the little wall shelf. I might upgrade to some bigger frames, about the size of the two you see hanging up on the adjacent wall.


....and a new lamp. I don't like that one anymore. At least not for the Dining room anyways.




The 'wineglass' wall is also pretty down with the blah right now. I'm thinking of making some bigger, chunkier shelves to hang there instead of those two measly craptastic ones I currently have. That way I can add picture frames and other accessories instead of just wine glasses.


I have yet to finish the panty to match the rest of the dining room. I know the last time I posted a few of you mentioned putting up some wallpaper which I LOVE that idea.

A nice bold [or soft] pattern? However, our walls are textured so im not sure how well wallpaper would look or how easily it would be to put up. Thoughts? Ideas?

3 comments:

  1. You could always stencil? I'm afraid of wallpaper because all of my friends hate tearing it out of their homes!

    Glad I'm not the only one who changes my mind a lot on rooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the same light i've had my eye on for a while.. just now have to convince the hubby.

    I really like the pantry area. It would be really cool with some stencil or wall paper for a bold statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wall color! I'm not sure I would wallpaper the room - especially w/ textured walls. If the back wall of the pantry isn't textured wallpaper might work in there and make that area pop.

    I love the curtains. I might try to bring some more of that yellow color into the rest of the room -through accessories and maybe in the pantry.

    You have a great start so I am sure it will end up lovely. I often get 'stuck' in the middle of doing a room. I usually just takes time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)