April 17, 2011

When life gives you Lemons, make Lemonade... No for real

One of my new obsessions this Spring isn't the latest designer bag, or vintage-modern-retro-mod-flip flops... or... the latest and greatest 'Keep Calm' poster [in a different shade of pink of course]. Nope... this Spring my latest obsession is [drum roll] Lemonade! I bet judging by my title you couldn't guess could you?

Luckily our local grocer has had lemons on sale for the past 2 weeks, and although im not about to go all extreme coupon lady on their butts, I am going to buy quite a bit of lemons. Maybe the whole selection if im feeling a little greedy.


First you start out with the tools to complete the job. Some lemons, a pitcher, ice and a juicer [of course you can always substitute the juicer and use your fingers like I have been doing before I bought my nifty little juicer @ Target this weekend :) ]


About a cup of sweetener gets the sweet factor about right. I use splenda or raw sugar... but whatever works for you than just measure out about a cup and pour it in the pitcher [which should be a little less than halfway filled with ice].


Cut your lemon in half and place one end on the juicer... like so. I know, you needed an actual photo to see how it's done. It's alright, im a visual type person to.


My little juicer holds half a cup however we will need a full cup of lemon juice for this bath of lemonade.


Once you have your juice, pour it in the pitcher of ice and sweetener/sugar.


After filling the rest of the pitcher with water you are left with some delicious lemonade. Fresh and very refreshing.


...and frothy [that word make me giggle].


HOMEMADE LEMONADE

  • 5 Lemons
  • 1 cup of sweetener/sugar
  • Pitcher, ice, juicer and water
1. Fill your pitcher with a little less than half of ice.

2. Pour in 1 cup of sweetener/sugar and set aside.

3. Juice 5 lemons until you get 1 cup of lemon juice. Pour into the pitcher.

4. Fill the pitcher with water [about 2 inches from the top]. Stir and enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. oh i love this. lemonade is the best! i usually do the easy route and buy the "just add water" kind, but this makes me want to do a fresh batch asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is legitimately watering and it's 1:40 am. Problem! hehe (: Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! Love Lemonade..and fresh is even better.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)